The Christmas Ball

-Kendra...You look amazing! - said the three girls looking at each other and then me.

-I have to. I have a lot of competition. - I said looking at the three of them.

-He better look okay! - said Elaina while not taking her eyes off of my dress.

-Kage will never know what hit him. I bet he is very nervous. -said Polly with a massive smile on her face.

We walked down the stairs very carefully so we wouldn't step on our own or each other's dresses. We were the last ones who came out of the dorm, and pretty soon Rita and Ealina parted ways with us. Apparently they had a different meeting place with their dates. Polly and I walked down the corridor nervously, and I felt my hand skipping a beat each time I took a step forward. That's when I heard the two boys talking.

-Do I look okay? - asked Kage from Calum.

-I'm blind, but I'm sure you do.

-I'm so bloody nervous. - said Kage, to which Polly slightly giggled, remembering our conversation from before.

-Don't be it's just a ball, try to have some fun.

-JUST a ball? I've been dancing for days with Crazy Meda. Do you even know the embarrassment of even asking her? It's like asking an apple to be a peach! I didn't even get as many lessons as I could, because somebody else took her time. And I have no idea how I even had the courage to ask her anyway. I'd rather face the wendigo again than mess up this ball. And why did you ask the tailor to modify my suit? This isn't what I ordered!

-You look better in this one.

-YOU ARE BLIND!!

-Thanks for reminding me.

I decided to appear from my hiding spot before they kill each other, and pretended that I just arrived. Kage's eyes widened, and Calum was wondering why their conversation was cut off, only to find himself smiling. Calum was wearing a black tuxedo, while Kage... his suit completely matched my dress, making him look like a prince next to me.

-You two look very handsome. - said Polly who appeared behind me, and I nodded in agreement. She was wearing a red dress decorated with flowers. She looked stunning. Both of the boys were blushing when Kage finished Polly's description, which made us laugh.

The Grand Hall served as a ballroom and the scenery was amazing. We went hand in hand, and it didn't take much time before our bodies, souls and hearts were entwined with the rhythm of the music. Our movements were in harmony as we danced between the crowd on the freshly polished floor.

-Now I understand why Calum changed my order

-Now I understand why Calum changed my order. Did you tell him about your dress? He asked in a sweet tone.

-Maybe - I giggled - But I didn't think it would affect your appearance.

That night, I enjoyed myself, more than ever, and I was grateful that I had this chance. The one question that was on my mind, that never popped up that day. Who brought the wendigo here?

To be continued...

To whoever read this book: THANK YOU!! Even if just one person who read it through, you have no idea how much it meant to me. Thank you!!!!!!!

Should I write book 2?