A Very Awkward Week

I wanted to learn how to dance by myself, but it just didn't work. My moves have gotten better, but there's still much work to be done and it was clear that a few practices in Augury Class weren't enough. This means I have to take some drastic measures.

-How can I help you Ms. Kendra?

-I was wondering...if the Professor would be kind...if you have time to...um...teach me how to dance?

-Ah! Wonderful! Of Course I would. I was worried you would never ask. - I felt a muscle twitch on my right cheek as Crazy Meda talked to me.

Everyday I had a routine of disappearing from Kage's sight, in order to dance with Crazy Meda. "Left and right, left and right! One two three, one two three" -she would say every lesson, and I felt very awkward.

What worried me is that Kage didn't ask me to go with him. Rita and Elaina already had a pair, and Calum was going with Polly. From the friendship group, I was the only one left without a pair. I raised the issue to Calum, when the two of us were together.

-He didn't ask you yet?! What's that bloodsucker thinking?!

-I don't know, but if he won't ask me, then either I will ask somebody else, or I'm going by myself. I'm not missing this ball, boyfriend or not.

-I will talk some sense into him.

-No, I don't want to force him.

-I'm sure that the bat will come around eventually.

I wished my blind friend would see how much he lifted up my spirits. I put a small kiss on his cheek, to which he smiled, and I had a strong feeling that my dress will be arriving soon. However I couldn't contain my excitement and I told him how my dress would look.

I saw four tammers sitting in my room, which did not include Fuffy. There was Billy, Lolly, Molly and Tally. All the tammers looked like they were catching up with Fuffy, who wasn't home in a while and made the room look like a pet zoo. I saw a dress lying on my bed. It was exactly the one that I wanted. I looked at the tammers and I was grateful that the dress made it here in time and in one piece.

Calum was incredibly smart, but I didn't know that he could also predict the future. Kage did ask me to the dance, in a very awkward way:

-Hey, Kendra...You know that the christmas ball is coming soon, and I was wondering, if you were interested in coming with me? I mean if you would, I'm not forcing you...

-Froyd already asked me. He seemed kind of sweet. - I lied, and his look of surprise was worth every word.

-What? Him? Sweet? That snake moved that fast?

I started to walk away from him down the corridor. He didn't come after me, and I stopped in my tracks.

-He actually didn't, I just thought you'd never ask.

-That was cruel...

-You deserved it, after making me wait!