Minho stared at me in confusion but held his hands up and took a step back. "I'd rather not be killed in the Map Room after we-."

Find Newt.

I didn't hear the rest of what Minho said when I heard the robotic voice in my head. Newt, Newt, Newt... I tried to remember, but my mind was fuzzy. I knew who Newt was. I knew what he looked like, but I couldn't get a clear memory of him. Of us. The only things I knew were what he looked like and that he had to be killed. By me. I didn't know why by me, but he had to be killed.

"Jane, just put down the knife and talk. What happened? What did you see?" Minho carefully asked.

I thought of what I saw, but didn't remember. I didn't remember anything of what happened before I fainted or what happened in the meanwhile.

Minho kept holding eye contact as he moved closer to me again. My eyebrows furrowed, my eyes squeezed a little closed, and my hands got even shakier.

"You won't hurt me." Minho lowered his voice once he realized that.

Go to Newt.

"Come on, Shebean. We'll go to the Med Hut for a second, okay?" Minho suggested. He talked slowly and carefully.

I shook my head, sweat dripping down my forehead. Minho's mouth opened but then closed again. Still afraid of what he would do, I grabbed another knife and put it in my waistband before walking to the door.

"Jane, wait-" Minho was too late. I already rushed out of the hut, on my way to Newt. When my task was done, everything would be over.. hopefully.

My pace sped up when I realized Minho might've been behind me, so soon I arrived in the open Glade.

"Jane!" Chuck jogged over to me. "Did you confront Minho? Did you fight? What happened?"

I just stared at the kid, confused. Confront Minho about what? What did happen? I couldn't remember.

"Are you okay, Janey? You're a bit pale." Chuck frowned as he inspected me.

"I'm fine, Chuck," I replied, my voice hoarser than I expected it to be. "Where's Newt?"

"Oh, he went searching for you in the woods. Said it took 'bloody' long until you came for dinner." Chuck explained.

"Alright. I'll see you later, Chuck." I turned around and walked back into the woods.

"Hey, wait! I want to hear what you did with Minho! And why is there a knife in your hand? Jane!" Chuck yelled, but I ignored him and kept walking.

A few seconds later I heard him talk with Minho while I went further into the Deadheads. "Chuck, where is Jane?"

"She went to look for Newt."

"What? Why?"

"I don't know. Maybe kiss again. But she did hold a knife. And she was pale. And confused. And-"

"I get it. Just get the Med-Jacks, Chuck. We need to-" The rest of what Minho said was not understandable for me since they were so far away.

Something about what I was doing didn't feel right, but I kept walking. Not long after I arrived at a familiar place, but I couldn't remember anything that ever happened there. The only thing I noticed was the blonde sitting next to it.

As I walked closer, ready to hold up my knife, I stepped on a branch, which made some noise. Newt's head snapped toward me. "There you are. I was looking for you, love." He got up from his seat, causing me to take a step back. He was dangerous.

"Are you okay?" A frown that felt familiar grew on Newt's face. Then his eyes trailed down to the knife in my hand. "What is that for, Jane?" He looked up at my face again.

It was my sign to point the knife at him. I still didn't say anything. I was too scared to do so.

Newt watched me in confusion, but his eyes stayed soft. "Put down the knife, love. Okay?"

I shook my head again. "I can't," I whispered.

"Are they doing something again?" Newt mumbled, but then raised his voice again. "Let's just talk first, alright?"

"No," I responded. My hands wrapped around the knife so hard my knuckles turned white. It felt so wrong. "I have to.. I need to.." I trailed off.

Newt took a step closer, one of his hands toward me. I swallowed in a panic, nervous about something I didn't get. When Newt took another slow step, I held the knife closer to him.

"You're not going to use the knife on me, love." Newt's voice was calm. Not nervous or shaking like mine. "I'm not afraid of you."

"You should be." I breathed.

"But I'm not." Newt paused. "You know the first time this happened? When you almost threw the knife in me? I said I wasn't afraid of you. All right? Just those creators. And I told you the next time this would happen, I would scream for help like Chuck does."

Newt wanted to continue talking, but I interrupted. "I don't remember that. You're lying."

Newt seemed taken aback for a second. "Do you know what happened here? In front of the pond? About a day ago?"

"Nothing happened here." I talked quietly. "I've never been here."

"Yes, you've been. You've been here, love. We kissed here." Newt explained, but he lied. I didn't remember it and he had to be killed. He was bad.

"We didn't kiss. I've never been here, liar."

Newt's face turned into a hurt expression, eyes sad. "We did, love. It was here. Now just put down the knife, okay?"

Tears formed in my eyes at the situation. Newt seemed so.. confident about everything. The way he talked and moved.. like he was telling the truth. I wanted to speak and defend myself, but nothing came out of my mouth.

"We'll talk about it. So I'm just gonna.." Newt slowly took the knife out of my hand, looking me right in the eyes like he hypnotized me. He nodded and let out a relieved sigh when the knife was out of my hand and in his. "There we go."

Shocked about his contact and impact on me, I heard the voice again. It was so controlling that I obeyed.

Kill him.

I grunted and pulled the other knife out of my waistband. Newt let out a small gasp and stumbled backward, almost falling. Once he did, I walked closer to him. My mind was blank. No memory or thought came back, except for my task. Killing Newt. It would all be over if I did.

"Jane!" Newt rolled away right before I hit him with the knife. I let out a yelp in frustration and got ready to throw my knife at the struggling boy.

"Guess I do need to yell for help like Chuck," Newt muttered as he crawled further away from me.

I moved closer, staring at Newt threateningly. My hand shook uncontrollably when I held it up, just a second away from throwing it into Newt's chest.

When finally, I gathered enough strength to do it, a sharp pain in my neck made me weak. The knife flew through the air, toward Newt, but then everything went black for me, not knowing if my task was complete or not.