(As if someone else will clean it.)
(If I leave this, mummy will...)

"Arey aap waha jake kharhe ho na." Pointing at the doorway, she scolded him.

(Go and stand there.)

"Tum mujhe kuch zyada nahi datne lagi?" Crossing his arms over his chest, Rafey complained.

(You've stared scolding me a lot.)

"Achha aap jaye." She hasn't started cleaning the counter, she was getting bothered by him.

(Okay, now leave.)

"Achha tum baith jao." Taking the cloth from her, he told her. "Koi aur kar dega saaf."

(You sit down.)
(Someone else will clean it.)

"Koi nahi karega. Mummy mera hi baal pakrhengi agar maine nahi kiya toh. Achha aap dein kapra mujhe wapas." Extending her arm, she tried to take the cloth from him.

(No one will clean it. Mummy will beat me if I won't clean this. Give me the cloth back.)

"Na doon toh?" Raising his hand high, he teased her. Uswa jumped to reach his hand, but couldn't. At last, she got angry and put her hand over her waist.

(What if I won't?)

"Rafey! Wapas dein."

(Rafey! Give it back to me.)

Rafey opened his mouth to reply her but Laraib entered the kitchen. "Uswa, chai bana rahi ho ya haleem, kitna time..." Her sentence was dropped in the middle when saw Rafey and Uswa standing close to each other.

(Uswa, are you making tea or haleem, how much time...)

"Bhabhi, woh main..." Uswa quickly stepped back from Rafey. Taking his hand down, Rafey also stepped back.

(Bhabhi, I...)

Laraib opened her mouth to say something, but then close. Thinking it wasn't her problem. She left the kitchen without saying anything, it scared Uswa.

"Aap... Rafey, aap achha nahi karte." Once again, Rafey was under Uswa's wrath. She was embarrassed thinking what Laraib must be thinking.

(You... Rafey, you are very bad.)

"Maine kya kiya?"

(What did I do?)

"Chichore!" Mumbling, she left.

•••

Minal's house was a little far away. It was already dinner time when they reached there. Minal invited them for dinner. After eating dinner, when Hayder asked for her permission to leave, but she stopped them for dinner.

Hayder tried to refuse but Minal didn't hear a word from him.

On dinner table, where everyone was engaged in conversation, Hayder's eyes fall on Faiq who's eyes keep going to Hyra.

Hayder looked at Hyra, who was busy with her food, unaware of anyone's eyes on her.

Clearing his throat, Hayder silently scoot his chair closer to Hyra.

"Yeh try karo achha lag raha hai." Picking a bowl of gravy, Hayder told her. This startled Hyra as she looked at him with surprise. Not knowing what to do, she nods her head, as Hayder pours gravy in her plate.

(Try this,)

Hayder again looked at Faiq, who got startled by Hayder's eyes and looked away.

•••