Chapter 31

Apparently, most of you think I've robbed you, toh mera answer yeh hai ki...

Kaha se yeh cuddling stage ke dialogues lag rahe hain? 😶

As a writer Kya kya samjhana parhta hai, yaar.🙂 🔫

•••

"Tumhari haldi mein toh kisi ki himmat hui nahi thi tumhe haldi lagaye, aaj yeh himmat kisne karli?" Dawar jokingly remarked, noticing the haldi stain on Hayder's cheeks.

(In your wedding, no one had the courage to apply turmeric to you. Who mustered this courage today.)

"Meri biwi ke alawa aur kon kar sakta Hai yeh himmat," Hayder replied with a smile, taking Dawar by surprise, who hadn't expected Hyra's name in the banter.

(Who else can have this courage beside my wife?)

Taking a handkerchief from his pocket, Hayder tried to remove the paste, but it dried off, and Hayder found it difficult to remove haldi from the handkerchief.

Dawar's initial shock turned into a warm smile as he realized the depth of his friend and sister's happiness.

"Main face wash karke aya," Hayder excused himself, attempting to remove the dried haldi.

(I'll just come.)

Dawar chuckled, "Chalo, isko aqal toh ayi," and turned to walk to his friend. Just then, Laraib entered, causing Dawar's expression to harden momentarily. However, his mood lifted when he saw Nazish accompanying her. He walked to them.

(Okay, at least he got some sense.)

"Assalam-Alaikum, aunty," Dawar greeted Nazish warmly,

"Walekum-Assalam!" She responded with equal affection, placing her hand in his bowed head.

As they walked together, Nazish inquired if they were late. "Hum zyada late ho gaye kya?"

(Are we too late?)