Chapter 3

It was Sunday, and that's why Shahzaib woke up late. Lazily sitting up, he stretched his arms out.

"Kubra!" Without bothering to brush his teeth or even washing his face, he left his room, calling for Kubra.

"Yaar, chai toh..." He has entered lounge room when got startled, Kubra wasn't alone, with her was Zara, who maybe just came as her suitcase was also placed near the sofa.

(Make tea...)

"Assalam-Alaikum!" The hint of sleep which he had in his eyes vanished away as he straightened up his body.

"Walekum-Assalam!" Zara smiled at him, while Kubra was amused.

"Main... ata hoon." Shahzaib didn't stay there for long and quickly left.

(I... will just come.)

"Dekhna ab pura taiyyar hoke ayega." Behind him, Kubra giggles, making Zara laugh too but she slapped Kubra's arm.

(Now he will be dressed up properly.)

"Achha tum baitho, main chai banati hoon tumhare aur Shahzaib ke liye." Kubra stood up and told her.

(you rest up, I will make tea for you and Shahzaib.)

"Baithne ke liye nahi ayi hoon main, chalo main tumhari help kar deti hoon. Nashta bhi chahiye hoga na unhe, abhi uthe hain." Zara also went after her and said.

(I've not come here to rest, let me help you. He just woke up, he will want breakfast too.)

"Unhe? Badi fikar hai." Looking at her, Kubra raised her eyebrow.

(How thoughtful of you.)

"Achha na bas..." Bashfully, Zara said.

(Okay, enough...)

Kubra and Zara were preparing breakfast for Shahzaib when Rafey, who was downstairs, came there.

"Khushbu toh bohot achhi arahi hai, kya ban raha hai?" He stood on the doorway and asked.

(What are you making?)

"Aloo ka paratha." Zara answered with a smile. She was kneading the dough while also checking cooker's whistle.

"Shahzaib bhai ka favourite." Kubra added.

(Shahzaib's favourite.)

"Shhh!" Zara hushed her. "Tumhare liye bhi banau?" She then asked to Rafey.

(Should I make for you too?)

"Nahi, mera mann nahi. Par, Kubra, mere liye coffee bana do, please." He looked at Kubra and requested.

(No thanks. But, Kubra, can you please make coffee for me?)

"Abhi banati hoon." Kubra, who was making tea, quickly went to shelf to take coffee powder.

(Okay.)

"Thanks." Rafey left.

"Uska har kaam itna bhaag bhaag ke karna zaroori hai kya?" Zara was done kneading the dough, she went to sink to wash her hands and asked to Kubra, disappointed.

(Is it necessary to do all his work?)

"Konsa kaam? Coffee hi toh hai." Putting water to boil, Kubra answered.

(What work? He just asked for coffee.)

"Par abhi toh tum chai bana rahi ho. Aur niche se aya haina, Uswa se kyu nahi kaha coffee ke liye."