Chapter 18

"Tum samajhti kya ho khudko? Ho kya tum? Kubra ke liye koi faisle kis haq se liya tumne?" Hayder's roared, holding her elbow, he pulled her to himself. He was holding her elbow so tightly that a whimper left her mouth.

(What do you think of yourself? Who gives you the right to take decision for Kubra?)

"Jaise tum mere kabil nahi, waise woh Kubra ke kabil nahi, kyu kiya tumne yeh?" He didn't take any care of her crying.

(Sarim isn't worth of her, like you are not to me. Why did you do this?)

"Woh... gulab jamun." She was on the edge of crying.

"Uski mithai ki dukan hai toh kya tum meri behen ki ussey shadi karwa dogi?" A slapped was plastered on her face.

(He owns a sweet shop doesn't mean you will fix my sister's marriage with him.)

Jolted, Hyra sit up. She looked at the empty room, Hayder wasn't here.

"Sapna tha..." Gulping down the saliva, she wiped her sweats and told herself.

(It was a dream...)

"Bohot bura sapna tha." Taking her hand to her heart, she tried to calm it down which was beating so brutally against her chest.

(A very scary dream.)

As Hyra again laid in the bed and wrapped her body in duvet, her heart raced. This was the the most terrifying nightmare, and she couldn't shake the feeling of fear that had settled over her. What will Hayder do? Will he hit her? Tears brimmed in her eyes.

Suddenly, her phone starts ringing, making her jump. Still holding her heart, she picked her phone from side, and her heart practically stopped when saw Hayder's name flashing on the screen, the mobile slipped off from her hand, as she backed away from it as if it is a poisonous snake.

"Ka.. kahi inhe.. inhe pata toh nahi chal gaya?" Her chest was raising and falling hard, as her breath become rigid.

(Do.. does he... he know what I did?)

"Nahi nahi... inhe kaise pata chalega? Yeh toh Mumbai mein hain..." She answered her own question, trying to calm herself.

(No no... how would he know? He is in Mumbai...)

"Fir iss waqt call kyu kar rahe hain?" She was now on the edge of crying.

(Then why he is calling me?)

"Utha ke dekhti hoon." With shivering hand, she picked her phone. "Phone se nikal thori ayenge." She made a feeble attempt to console her heart, but before she could receive the call, the call was disconnected.

(I should attend it.)

It made her breath in relief, as she put the phone away.

"Unhe nahi pata hoga." She told herself, again laying down. But now, sleep was miles away from her. She couldn't sleep after that dream, every moment, she felt Hayder would barged into the room and would make her nightmare come to reality.

(He doesn't know.)

In the morning, she woke up with a severe headache and her body burning in fever.

Seeing her condition, Hanif Mirza decided to cancel their plan of going to Randhawa's today.

"Baba, main theek hoon, aap fikar na karein." She tried to make him understand, but he wasn't ready to leave her alone. Shahzaib and Kubra are also supposed to go with him, he could not leave her alone in the house.