In Preparation for the Storm?

“Grandma!”

Sam and Mon excitedly run to the woman dress elegantly.

She looks like the rich woman from every Korean Drama who has ulterior motives. Her name is Rachel Armstrong.

She is the mother of Charlotte and Becky. She is a famous dancer in Thailand who married a famous NFL star, David Armstrong.

They are currently at Seoul Airport. They flew from Thailand.

They heard about Becky's pregnancy and it took them a little over three months to visit their daughter because of a scheduling conflict. David is coaching a college team in Texas and Rachel is managing her own dance studio.

The Armstrongs are well off, VERY well off.

“Aw, Sam and Mon, my little babies,” Rachel bend down to kiss her granddaughters.

She is very strict to her daughters but to her granddaughters, she is the best.

She is sweet, loving and caring.

“Why are you only greeting grandma, how about grandpa?” A very masculine man appears behind them.

“Grandpa!!!” Mon and Sam immediately jump to the man.

And he effortlessly carries the two.

“Mom, Dad,” Charlotte smiles to them. She gives them a comforting hug.

David plays with Sam and Mon.

Rachel looks at her daughter.  She shakes her head.

Charlotte knows why.

“Where is Engfa?” Rachel asks in search of the person.

She values family a lot, that is why she had been a very supportive wife to David. And had always been strict to their daughters.

“She’s at work,” Answers Charlotte.

Rachel nods.

“How about your sister? Is she hanging out with that, ugh,” Rachel cannot even utter it?

“Honey, give your daughters a break, Engfa does not need to be here, she has better things to take care of, besides we’ll meet her later, and Becky, I miss that girl, she is committing now, sounds like it is about time.” David chuckles.

David is a very understanding father. Maybe, it is because he is in the sports profession, study shows that if someone is involved in sports the patience is higher than those who aren’t.

Sam and Mon chuckle too. They are so fond of imitating adults.

Rachel rolls her eyes.

“Well, we should get going so, you could take a rest and we could go out for a dinner tonight,” Charlotte decides to change the topic.

“I think we should,” David smiles. He puts his granddaughters down on the cart where their luggage is. Then he pushes it.

Mon and Sam are telling stories to David about hating each other.