Chapter 22 - First day of School

Start from the beginning

After saying his goodbyes he, with Fraener on his shoulder, went into the carriage and told the driver to bring him to Xyrus Academy.

It took him around 30 minutes to arrive at the entrance of the academy. There he waited for two particular people.

"Huh, I thought the air would be different." A young boy with raven black hair said as he left a less luxurious carriage then all the other ones that stood before the Academy's entrance.

"And what exactly did you thought the air to be?" Another boy with auburn hair said as he followed the first boy.

"I don't know, just special. This is a school for the rich, so I thought the air would have a different tast to it." The raven boy replied.

"You do realize that this makes no sense, right." The aubern boy sad as he looked at the raven boy confused.

"Arthur, Elijah. Its good to see you." Lucas called out as he saw them.

"Lucas its good to see you as well. How have you been." Arthur said nonchalant as he huged his friend.

"I've been good and you." Lucas retorted as he returned the huge.

"Same." Arthur simply replied.

"Lord Wykes." Elijah said as he bowed.

"Don't be so formel. I'm too young to be called a lord." Lucas said as he patted him on the back.

"O-okay." Elijah said nervously.

As they talked with each other the people around them gave them weird looks.

"Who are those peasant...

"Who do they think they are, talking to lord Wykes like that...

"We should teach them a leason...

"Yeah, lets show those commoners there place..

Annoyed by those words Lucas gave them a stern look, shutting them up immediately.

"Lets go to the auditorium. Hopefully we still get some good seats." Lucas said as he entered the Academy.

"Its so full, look there are some seats empty." Elijah had to scream for Arthur and Lucas to understand what he said.

They pushed through the crowd of people and took the free seats. As they did Sylvie, who slept until now, woke up. Tacking in the surroundings confused.

'Papa. Where are we?' She asked still sleepy.

'We are at school, Sylvie. Did you sleep well.' Arthur replied.

'School? Why are we here?' She asked confused.

'Because I have to learn and your mama is here.' He said.

'Mama! Where is she?' She exclaimed excitedly.

'Haha. You will see her later.'

During there mental communication the entire building went silent. Suddenly like out of nowhere Cynthia Goodsky, the founder and director of Xyrus Academy, appeared on the stage.

"Excuse me for my rudeness but I do hate speaking up. Not good for my throat, no it is not," she said in a pleasant voice that-while soft-was heard perfectly clear, even from the back row.

"I welcome everyone here, the future leaders, scholars and powerhouses of Dicathen, to this humble academy. I am Cynthia Goodsky. Please call me Director Goodsky and do not be afraid to say hello when I walk around campus. I am no good with speeches so I stand here before you mages today to say hello, and introduce to you the Student Council that represents this academy and takes part in making important decisions along with me. Please give them a warm welcome." She waved her raised hand and one by one, members of the council started walking out.