𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟸: 𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎

–the body had been found in the nearby dumpster. It was reported the victim had been physically assaulted, being struck by a metal rod.

The news displayed photos of the victim, blurring out his face to avoid the visual representation of the violence he had gone through.

Everyone felt the chills run down their spine due to the bloody mess created at the scene.

The police have taken this investigation to the central department upon the request of the victim's father: The chairman of Byeol Corporation, Lee Chae-myung.

"What is happening?" Jay questioned into the phone, switching his glance towards Y/N. He wasn't expecting any of this... at least for a few days.

"The bastard from the club last night." Minjun spoke from the other end, "He's dead."

Jay frowned, paying closer attention to the news as Y/N instantly stood up, grabbing the remote from his hand to increase the volume.

Mr. Lee has given a strong warning to the police department to catch the criminal at their earliest. He has promised to invest sufficient money into catching this criminal and bringing justice to his son...

Alright, viewers! We currently have our field reporter, Bae Kyung, at the crime scene who has all the ground details for us. Over to you!

The screen shifted to an unsteady camera work as a female reporter appeared struggling amongst the bustling crowd.

"Yes! This is Bae Kyung reporting live from the BlackTile Bar and Club!" She yelled out, "Currently, I am at the crime scene of Lee Hyunmin, whose dead body was reported to the local police station at 7 p.m.!"

Y/N's eyes widened upon hearing Hyunmin's name as she took in the news. She was at a loss of words, not ready to believe this situation.

"Yesterday they found that and today this?" Lina gripped Sungjoon's arm, almost whispering to herself, "This is scary."

"Isn't this where you work?" Heeson questioned Jay, furrowing his eyebrows.

Jay didn't reply. He was concerned about the consequences of this news.

"This is the backdoor area of one of the most famous bars in our city." She continued with a loud voice as she walked, pushing through the crowd, "The victim was stated to be present at the bar last night!" She pushed out the crowd, displaying her ID tag to a stationed guard who let her further into the authorised area of the crime scene.

She immediately pointed towards the ground as the camera followed, "This is where the assault had taken place!" The spot had a bloody trail leading away from the camera, as if someone had roughly dragged his dead body away.

"Sir! Sir!" Bae Kyung yelled to catch the attention of an officer, "Have you found any leads as to who may be the criminal?"

Jaeyun's eyes flicked towards Jay's unusual behaviour. He inhaled sharply, his palms starting to sweat as he fiddled with his fingers.

They didn't find anything, right? They couldn't have.

I made sure there was no evidence.

No CCTV cameras.

No one spotted me.

I left no fingerprints.

No belongings.

There is no way they could catch me, right?

"We are trying our best." An officer stated ignorantly.

"You always try your best." The reporter spat those words, provoking him. "But yet again many criminals roam around so free."

"It is hard to catch them as of now due to the lack of evidence." He addressed the reporter with an assertive tone. "There are no CCTV cameras around. No one has seen anyone enter or leave the crime scene, but we have a few suspects who are being interrogated."

"Any details obtained through them?"

"We are going forward with second and third degree interrogation if one seems too suspicious." The officer continued, "Although the criminal may think they have gotten away with this heinous crime, the police will always find the right way to justice.

I know the criminal is watching this," the officer warned with a rigid tone, "Whoever you are... get ready to spend the rest of your life serving an intense prison sentence or..."

As those words played on the screen, Y/N changed the channel.

"Why'd you change?" Yumin complained, all sobered up. "They're giving more information."

"No, it's good she did." Heeson replied, "Let's not ruin our night."

"I agree." Junseo added, "Let's forget about it. Who's up for the next round?" He cheered, trying to change the mood. "I have to start if you remember!"

"Of course! How can I forget?" Yumin laughed as they all sat down, forgetting the news.

But Jay stood there, taking in the situation. They can't find me, can they?

Jaeyun was quiet as he continued to stare at Jay from afar. Something seemed off as he observed his strange behaviour. He watched him walk into the bedroom, closing the door.

"What happened?" Lina questioned Jaeyun, "Aren't you joining?"

"I'm coming." Jaeyun smiled at her. "Save me a glass." He glanced towards the closed door for a moment, wondering what was wrong.

✧──────✧

𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙫𝙤𝙩𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 • 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙠 𝙮𝙤𝙪!