𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟸: 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚌𝚞𝚝𝚎

"Could I take you out for dinner? Or maybe some drinks?" He asked her. "I'm meeting up with a few friends at a bar, so would you like to join?" He gave her a moment to think and consider his offer.

"I'm not free right now." She began, already aware of what to say. "I've already made plans." She was straightforward and wasn't lying.

"You've made plans." He looked dejected. "Then... maybe some other ti--"

"I apologise." She cut him off, feeling sorry for turning him down. "I can't join you for drinks and... I can't call you Hyunmin either. I'd like to keep things the way they are right now."

He slightly raised an eyebrow, "So, you can't join us?"

"I'm afraid so, sir. Sorry." She looked at him apologetically.

He let out a sigh of exasperation, "Being nice doesn't work, does it?"

She narrowed her eyes at his sudden change of attitude, "I don't understand what you mean."

He roughly loosened his tie. "How would you like this to... affect... your interview results?"

Those words threw her off. "Excuse me?" Yet, she tried to remain calm and polite.

"Honestly," he began rolling the sleeves of his shirt. "I don't think you'd like this to have any sort of effect on your..."

"Is this some sort of a threat?" She questioned him as she slightly felt herself getting ticked off. "Could you please put personal and professional matters apart?"

He shrugged with a smirk crawling onto his face. He put his hands in his pockets. "Darling, I guess time will tell you all." He playfully winked at her, turning around on his heels.

She watched him enter the corridor, disappearing from her sight. "Time? Seriously?" She spat under her breath, walking out of the hotel. "That bitch has the audacity to bring our official matters into this 'cause I rejected his pathetic ass?"

• • •

Hyunmin's words constantly replaying in Y/N's mind all along her way, she finally reached The BlackTile Bar and Club.

The surroundings were filled with regular-looking shops and stores, all painted in dull colours. In midst of this lifeless neighbourhood, a building stood out like a sore thumb, highlighted with expensive, quality neon lights and signs. She wondered how they acquired permission to build such madness amidst the calm.

The entrance was overflowing with different kinds of people. The adrift chatter of the crowd was subdued by the muffled, bass boosted music playing in the background.

Charmed by the bustling environment around her, she remembered how it had been long since her last visit to any club- with her best friend, probably a few years ago. Yet, she remembered Jay's words.

'Do not enter the club. I'll meet you outside. Just wait for me.'

She contemplated for a while. Should she go in? She's been there before... so what could possibly go wrong? Why was he so adamant about not allowing her to enter the club?

She couldn't take it anymore, her curiosity getting worse as she walked towards the entrance, making her way inside.

• • •

"What are you doing here?" Jay asked confusedly, upon seeing her walk towards the bartending counter, "Didn't I say wait outside?"

"I don't get why you're so against me entering this place." She looked at him doubtfully, tilting her head. "Is it because I'm dressed formally?" She glanced down at her attire.