𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟻: 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎

"But who are you?" He questioned, advancing closer. I drew back at his grazing touch on my skin, "Don't worry, I won't do anything particularly wrong."

He paused, "But it's a surprise... That a woman like you walked in here– Of course!" He lifted his hands with a naive expression. "There's nothing wrong with it, but it's just a surprise."

I ignored his words, turning my face away from his, but he wasn't one to give up. He firmly gripped my cheeks and forced me to look at him, "I don't know what that girl is to you... or what relation you have with her... But you both are really alike." He smiled like a lunatic, leaning in to whisper, "It drives me mad."

"Get your hands off!" I strained myself to get out of his hold as I harshly pulled away, but the guard's grip made it harder.

He loudly scoffed as the man– supposedly Taeson– behind him interrupted, "Hyunmin, you should stop! Let it go."

Hyunmin... So, that was his name.

I tried to remember it, in case the cops required a statement.

"Why?!" He retaliated as he turned around, "You know, no woman has ever spoken to me like this! They don't know their place!" He raised his voice louder, a few nearby girls flinching with fear. People were watching this like a show. What has the world come to? It is so fucked up.

"Seriously." Taeson rubbed his temples, "Stop letting it get to your ego. It's getting toxic."

"Now, you are telling me what to do?" Hyunmin interrupted coldly, stepping towards him "Did you forget that the company is mine and I could get you fired any-damn-time?"

Taeson was silenced.

And he remained silent to not lose himself in this argument. He realised his priorities and Hyunmin knew this. He smiled cunningly, "That's good. You're learning."

"And as for you..." He turned back to me with the same smile, "What should I do with you?" He walked closer, "I could forgive you if you ask– no wait, if you beg for it."

"Beg for forgiveness?" I scoffed irritatedly, "I'd rather fall dead than beg for forgiveness from someone so ruthless like you."

"You keep giving me more reasons to scar you," He clicked his tongue, "But I won't."

He instead gripped onto my hair and nodded his head to the guard holding onto me as a sign to let me go. The guard obeyed his command as I stumbled due to the sudden lack of support.

"What can you even do?" His grip tightened, "You're just a woman after all..."

His words got more offensive by every passing moment. I don't tolerate even a little insolence and this bastard was crossing lines, so I did the most natural thing to do.

I mustered all my energy as I pulled up my knee and intensively kicked him in the lower abdominal area.

He instantly let go of me, crying out as a sting of pain rushed through him. Although I intentionally kicked him a bit higher than the area I should've aimed for, he yelled as he stepped back and held his stomach in vigorous pain.

And surprisingly, no one reacted. Everyone in this room– except for Hyunmin– knew he was at fault. They either knew this was all wrong, or they didn't dare go against me.

Taking this as my cue, I hastily ran towards the couch where Y/N was almost sprawled unconscious. I took her into my arms, grabbing a water bottle from the table and sprinkling water on her face to keep her awake.

"Y/N! Are you with me?" I begged her, "Please don't lose consciousness." Although she was still lost in her broken state, the droplets of water slightly helped wearing off the drug. I sat her up and helped her drink a few sips of water.

"Bitch! What do you think you're doing?" Hyunmin barked. He stood up straighter as he tried to fight the pain. "How dare you--"

"Don't come close!" I yelled out as loudly as I could. "I swear to God, you'll regret it!!"

"I've heard so many threats– especially from women," Hyunmin spat, shaking his head, "They can't do shit."

I grabbed the first thing my hand landed on- A beer bottle- and pointed it towards him, "Don't come close." I repeated with a deeper voice.

"Why? What can you... and what will you even do?" He provoked me, pausing. "Stab me?" He raised an eyebrow, laughing. "With a blunt bottle?"

I had to look for ways to get out of this place. I grabbed the beer bottle but what? How could I possibly...

I have no other choice.

Without another thought, I smashed the bottle across the table. It made a loud crashing noise as pieces of shattered glass flew. Y/N shot her eyes open, regaining her attentiveness.

"I'll get you out of here." I assured her, "Don't worry."

I switched my glance towards the broken glass in my hands. I hoped it was enough.

"If you come any closer..." I eventually looked up at Hyunmin, my eyes burning as sweat droplets seeped through. He was filled with horror, "I'll slash your fucking throat."

(end of minjun's pov)

-

"Where were you..." Jay's voice trailed off as his eyes landed on Y/N who was being helplessly supported by Minjun. He ran the few steps as he took her into his own arms, anger and rage spread across his face. "What the hell happened?"

Y/N struggled as he walked her a short distance to the nearby couch. He carefully sat her on, making her comfortable, then turned back to Minjun. "What happened?" He repeated with a rigid tone.

"It was scary. I was... I wasn't thinking straight."

As Minjun told him of the recent incidents that occurred in the past one hour, her hands began shaking and her breath became heavier. It all felt like a haze as she sat herself on the couch beside Y/N, exhausted.

"Are you alright? Did anything else happen?" He felt anxious, slowly kneeling on the floor. "Are you hurt anywhere?"

"I'm alright." Minjun shook her head, turning to look at Y/N. "I'm worried about her. That bastard put something in her drink."

"What?" He furrowed his eyebrows, concern in his voice. "Are you alright? Do you feel okay?" He took her hands into his, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have left you alone with him. I should've known..."

"I'm fine, don't worry." She calmed him, her voice soft. "It's not your fault. Don't blame yourself." Her words only made him feel worse. He wasn't there when she needed him the most.

"Are you not going to do anything about it?" Minjun questioned Jay, raising her eyebrows.

"He's not!" Y/N interrupted them, "He's not going to do anything. I don't want anyone getting hurt." She directed towards Jay, "Especially you."

"Don't worry." He reassured her, "Nothing is going to happen to me. I'm safe. You all are safe. That's all that matters to me right now." He squeezed her hands to ensure she believed it. "And let's go home." He stood up as he turned to his locker, "But Minjun, could you please take Y/N outside the bar, and wait for a while?"

"Why?" She asked, confusedly. "What happened?"

"I have some unfinished business at the bartending counter."

✧──────✧

𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙫𝙤𝙩𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 • 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙠 𝙮𝙤𝙪!