𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟶: 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚜𝚑𝚎'𝚜 𝚍𝚛𝚞𝚗𝚔

"Welcome home." Y/N greeted upon hearing the front door open, "How was your day?" She walked out of the bedroom, drying her hair with a towel.

Without any reaction, he removed his shoes and silently walked towards the bedroom, shutting the door behind him.

Worried due to this unusual behaviour, she knocked on the door, "Hey, Jay. You alright?" He still didn't respond. Instead, she heard the quiet whispers of the shower from the bathroom. Pouting to herself, she made her way to the dining table, waiting for his arrival.

A few minutes later, the door slowly swung open as he walked out lifelessly. He pulled a chair, sitting down. "What's for dinner?"

"Did something happen?" Her voice let out the words almost like a whisper.

He shook his head, plastering a smile for her, "Just tired. I need a break from this stressful life." And she believed it was reasonable. They were working both day and night trying to financially support their living, clearly losing the little enjoyments of this life along their way.

"Well," she began slowly, "A drink would probably help. You know?" She gave him a hopeful smile waiting for a response.

After a moment of thinking to himself, he slowly reciprocated, nodding his head. "Yes, a drink would be great." It had been long since they spent time together, especially having a few drinks, letting out their stress.

She was about to get up from her seat when he grabbed her wrist. "Not right away." He looked into her eyes, communicating his words, "After dinner. First dinner, and then drinks."

She complained, "I'm not hungry, though."

He lifted his eyebrow, doubting her. "When are you not hungry?"

"When I wanna drink." She stuck her tongue out at him, but he wasn't taking it.

He pulled on her, forcefully making her sit down, "Eat up first. We'll drink after, alright?"

"Okay." She teased him, rolling her eyes as he began serving food for the both of them, "But... you better not put a limit on how much I drink, is that understood, Park Jongseong?" She tilted her head sideways as she emphasised her words.

He let out a soft chuckle, nodding his head.

• • •

After dinner, she headed to their apartment rooftop as Jay suggested he would bring the drinks.

It was a cramped place, with a few chairs and a table, that overlooked the city which was bustling with life despite being quite late in the night. The sound of vehicles passing by and the feel of cool breeze blowing through. In simple words, it felt good.

The metal door burst open as Jay walked in, both hands carrying a pack full of beer cans, waving them in the air as he made his way towards her.

"I didn't mean to drink this much." She took a can from the bunch, laughing. "You're spoiling me." She popped the can open, bringing it up to her lips as the carbonated fizz made its way to the top. The assertive smell was overwhelming, though not enough to make her flinch.

They didn't initiate a conversation. The lofty silence being quite lovely, they continued to stare into the distance of the city, occasionally taking sips from their can.

After a few more drinks, her thoughts began stretching into the depths of her mind. She was falling further into the pit of guilt that she dug for herself and no matter how much she tried, she couldn't move on. But that feeling lasted only on this day, and that's what she hated the most.