𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟺: 𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚊𝚕 𝚋𝚘𝚡

At those words, the subordinate picked up his laptop, waiting for his senior to approach the body.

"What?" The officer questioned him as he leaned against the table, pulling out another cigarette, "Just so we're clear here. I'm not risking my position and... what was your name again?"

"Kang Daeshik."

"Daeshik," He pulled out a lighter and lit his cigarette. There was a hint of sarcasm in his voice as if he was testing him, "Don't be scared."

Daeshik let out a quivering breath, slowly stepping towards the hanging figure as the officer observed him, constantly playing with the flickering flame.

The junior felt a twist in his stomach as if this wasn't such a great idea after all. He swallowed the dryness that overtook his throat as he grew wary of his own movements with every step he took.

"There's nothing to be afraid of." The officer noticed his watchful steps, "He's completely harmless."

His junior nodded his head in acknowledgement, turning back towards the swaying body.

"Excuse me, sir." He began with a low voice, "Excuse me." He tapped on Hwashin's shoulder, yet there was no reaction as he hung his head low. "Excuse me." Daeshik repeated in a whispering tone, afraid that he would trigger an unexpected response. "Excuse me..."

"That is not how you treat these bastards!" The officer lost his patience, pushing himself away from the table with sudden force.

He vigorously pulled back on Hwashin's hair, forcing him to look at the screen, "They will never cooperate if you're being nice and timid." Hwashin was trembling in fear at the mere touch of the officer, leaving the junior wondering about the torture he had gone through.

"Do you know him?" The officer demanded, gritting his teeth, "The one abusing the victim."

Hwashin struggled with pain as he narrowed his eyes to focus on the screen. He muttered something under his breath with an utterly low voice. The officer tightened his grip, leaning forward to hear him, "Repeat that!"

"Jongseong!" Hwashin cried out with all his energy. "Park Jongseong. He's a bartender..."

"Park Jongseong." The officer let go of his grip as he directed towards Daeshik, "I need his details immediately and send out a warrant."

"Yes, sir." Daeshik nodded. "Anything else?"

"Prepare for an interrogation under drug influence." The officer crossed his arms, staring at Hwashin. "He definitely has a lot to spill."

-

back at the apartment

"Why don't you all stay the night?" Y/N asked, leaning against the door frame as she locked hands with Jay. She felt guilty for letting them leave like this. "It's already so late."

"It's okay." Heeson smiled, wearing his shoes, "Next time."

"Will you guys reach safely?" Jay questioned, glancing at Lina. She was supporting Sungjoon and Junseo who were on the verge of a black out. "I'm worried."

"I'll take care, don't worry." Heeson reassured as he helped Lina support them. "I'll text you when we reach."

"Wait, I'll help till downstairs." Jay released his hold on Y/N's hands as she nodded at him. He supported Sungjoon who leaned his head against Jay's shoulders.

"Get home safe." She called out, watching them get into the elevator. She stepped back in, closing the door behind her.

"Did they leave?" Jaeyun questioned from the couch as Yumin sat beside him, lost in her own world. She was drawing figures in the air, blabbering nonsense to herself.

"Yeah, they left." She sighed heavily, gesturing towards Yumin. "Please deal with this monster. I'm so tired." She stretched with her arms above her head, strolling into the kitchen.

Jaeyun straightened his shirt as he impatiently pulled his rolled sleeves higher. "Sweetheart, you're done for the night." He dragged Yumin to stand, placing her arm around his shoulder. "You gotta sleep."

He made their way to the second bedroom, roughly plopping her down onto the bed. He adjusted the blanket, covering her up from the cold.

"Sleep well." He straightened up, massaging his wrists when he felt the missing touch of metal. Where was his bracelet?

He hurriedly turned on the lights as Yumin groaned at the sudden brightness. He can't lose it. He shouldn't. He anxiously scanned the room, running back into the hall.

He checked under the pillows. On the carpet. Under the couch. He strode into the empty kitchen, looking around but it was no where.

He ran back into the second bedroom, searching again. He kneeled down, reaching his hand under the bed as it grazed over a similar metal touch.

As he gripped the metal, dragging it out, his hand collided with something sharp. Ignorant, he looked at the silver bracelet in his palm, letting out a huge sigh of relief.

Upon a sudden sting of pain, his eyes travelled to the small scratch near his thumb. Furrowing his eyebrows, he reached back under the bed, pulling out a small metallic box. What was it doing here?

He slowly opened it, wondering if Y/N had misplaced it somehow. However, his expression went blank as he looked at the items inside.

Tiny syringes in their packages with two dose bottles and a prescription. Carefully picking out one of them, he scanned the label...

Succinylcholine (20 mg/mL)
Warning: Paralysing agent.