Even if they're the World's Enemies

Start from the beginning

As they were leaving, they encountered the two mobs, Skel and Po on their way.

While the two mobs were happy that Cid was alive, they were also...Exaggerating.

Skel: Man, I'm surprised to see you alive! My bad for not being able to help. Keeping my power under control took all I had...

Po: *Sobbing* Same here, sorry I couldn't help. I was too focused on analyzing the terrorist behavioral patterns.

As the two say that, Po and Skel both look toward the ground disappointed in himself, as they sobbed. Meanwhile, both Cid and Kai look at them with exasperated expression.

They did not believe it one bit.

Seeing the two brothers expression, they decided to keep going.

Skel: *Dramatic* If I had let my true powers loose, I would've destroyed the world as we know it.

Po: *Dramatic* Dang it. Focusing so much that I lost sight of what's going on, is my only weakness!!!

As the two said that, both brothers look back at them.

Cid/Kai: Weird way to say that you " Pissed your pants".

However, the two mobs denied such a thing and still tried to claim that they did good. Cid had told Kai how when he was stabbed, although they were sad, they pretty much pissed their pants after the whole encounter.

Many of them had went through something similar. Non of them were truly prepared for what happened. Everyone had gone through something this tragic week...

???: Uhm...

Some suffered more than others.

From behind them, Kai and Cid heard a voice, as they both turned around.

There, both of them were met with the figure of Sherry

There, both of them were met with the figure of Sherry. She was currently wearing a barnet hat, as she also a suitcase by her hand. She was looking mostly at Cid, blushing a bit, however there was something else.

A dark and even a little empty look in her eyes, almost as if she was holding onto a last bit of hope, barely hanging on a thread. However, even so, she looked back at them, with her last bit of determination.

Sherry: Could we talk for a bit...Alone?

As she asked that, Cid nodded, before looking back at Kai.

Cid: Guess I'll see you-

Sherry: Actually...

Right when Cid was about to tell Kai to meet up later, Sherry call out of them. This time however, she also looked toward Kai.

Sherry: Mr. Kai...Could you also join us?

As Sherry asked that, both Cid and Kai exchanged glances.

Cid and her were friends, so why did she wanted to join him.