Even if they're the World's Enemies

Start from the beginning

She couldn't contain her happiness, as she was able to see him alive and ok.

Rose: Kai Kagenou!

As he heard his name, Kai turned toward the side, as the nurse left.

He exchanged glances with Rose before smiling.

Kai: Hey there, School Prez.

As Rose heard him, tears fell out, as Rose tried to hold them in.

Rose: I'm so glad...I'm so glad you're alive.

As Rose said that, she approached Kai's bedside. He was currently wearing his school uniform, however some bandages were present.

Kai: Yeah, I guess I was lucky that the man didn't hit any major organs. Still, I'm more glad that you're ok, Princess. And even more, that you manage to keep your promise to me.

As Rose heard that, she blushed once more, as he was more worried about her than himself. She the continued to approach him until she was right beside him.

Rose: *Smiles* Your effort and unbreakable love must have produce a miracle!

Rose. Then grabbed Kai's hand and put against her cheek, as Kai's eyes widen.

Kai: Ms. Rose!?

However, Rose was now in her own world.

Rose: I have no words but know that your feelings have reached me. *Smiles Fondly* You gave me your life...And for that, I will offer you my heart...

When Rose said that, Kai's own heart skipped a beat. Rose, was by no means, someone that didn't get Kai's attention but he didn't see this coming. And from using his Sense skill, he could tell...Everything Rose said was truth.

With that, Rose stood up smiling.

Rose: Unfortunately, I can't stay here for long. I must leave your side however...*Smiles* This small obstacle won't get in our way. Our love will overpower anything, in our way.

With that, Rose left the area, as the doctors had told her to leave. Meanwhile, Kai was sitting by his bed, looking down.

Kai's thoughts: Rose...Likes me now? Eh?

As those thoughts wonder in his head, he ended up smiling, as there was nothing else he could do.

If in the end, he end up becoming closer with Rose, he wouldn't be against it.

Timeskip

A few days later, after everything that happened, Kai and Cid were currently outside of the academy getting their things. Because of the fire, the academy had close up early for the summer vacations and students had to either go back home or stay in the city.

As they were doing that, Cid was apparently gonna rent stay at the dorms. However, Kai was going to go somewhere else to stay for a while. He already had a good idea where he would.