Solace

Darkness had engulfed the city along with smoky black clouds and crashing thunder roaring furiously, lighting up the sky like fireworks. A certain someone was watching the nature in its full glory from the curtain wall of the living room. The house which was located in a serene locality was spacious and modernly built.

Jungkook had always enjoyed thunderstorms and rain as the melody of the pitter-patter made his heart and thoughts ease but the weather also made him worry about taehyung for no reason since the elder had not come home for three consecutive months. Jungkook had no idea about the elder's whereabouts so, he decided not to dwell on this matter any further as the possibility of the latter showing up today was almost negative and thinking about it would only hurt him.

Keeping aside his thoughts Jungkook decided to cook for himself as he was practically starving from the morning because he was too lazy to even move. While cooking, he suddenly heard a tapping sound on the window which then became a full blown pitter-patter and suddenly Jungkook was surrounded by darkness as the lights went out possibly due to the downpour and thunderstorm outside. Paying no heed to the darkness Jungkook finished cooking and sat down in the living room with the pot. He decided to sit on the cold marbled floor to devour his dinner while appreciating the rain.

 He decided to sit on the cold marbled floor to devour his dinner while appreciating the rain

(Living room)

Most people loved sunny beachy weather with clear skies and no disruptions but Jungkook was a fan of dark stormy weather from a young age because he felt his loneliness drift away whenever he'd sit in the calmness of rain. He missed this kind of weather on a daily basis thus an idea struck him to record the rain for days he'd need this calmness again.

He placed the pot of ramen down and stood up to adjust his phone with the help of a vase. After he was content with the placement of his phone he went back to finishing his dinner and cleaned up soon after. After completing his chores he sat on the floor near the sofa enjoying every minute of the glorious rain not realising when he dozed off to sleep, unaware of what the night awaited.

In the middle of the night a knock could be heard at the doorstep of a house. A raven head stood there in his full glory, drenched in the pouring rain, clad in a two-piece black suit with disheveled hair getting more irritated by every second. After knocking a couple more times the man lost his cool and started banging on the door.

Inside the house Jungkook just woke up, startled by the constant banging on the door. He stood up from his place and made his way to the door but was shocked by what or rather who he saw.

"What are you doing here?"

~

Do let me know your thoughts about this chapter and thank you for giving your time to this. :)