"Henry, I don't think you've noticed but I've been trying to get to know you better. Be your friend too." she explained her face void of any other emotion besides seriousness.

I cursed myself as I felt my face heat up. I hadn't expected that confession if you could even call it that.

"I have noticed." I admitted quietly.

This conversation and the occasional texts were proof enough. Yet, I understood Maddison's status. The thought of being her friend for a few jokes left a bitter taste in my mouth.

"Oh." Maddison said quietly.

I bit my lip, her expression reminding me of Sabrina when I won't give her dessert after 8 pm. I didn't know what to say, I also couldn't handle that pout either.

"I don't mind opening up to it though." I said trying to lighten the mood.

-End Of Flashback-

I had agreed to let Madison into my life. I guess it wasn't a deal. She was human after all, and everyone deserves a chance. Besides, Phoebe was always home nowadays. Tonight was the first time we talked ever since the party. So, I was thankful for Saturday, to be honest.

I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around myself. The water had run cold and I wanted nothing more than to rest my eyes. I walked to my room. I grabbed some pjs off the floor and dressed. I walked to my bed, the soft blanket making me let out a soft sigh.

---

It was Saturday morning and I placed three waffles on Sabrina's plate. I let her drown the round golden circle in syrup as I pulled her hair in a ponytail.

I turned back to the stove and took the bacon off the stove and placed some on Sabrina's plate.

"Eat." I said moving her plate closer to her.

"Can I take the tablet?" she asked

"No." I said as I bent down grabbing my bag off the floor to check it.

I heard Sabrina whine in frustration. "Why?"

"What if you break it? It's expensive." I said zipping my bag up. I made a few printed math sheets inside, I had one for every unit.

"I like playing Angry Birds." she fussed showing me the screen like it would change my mind.

"No, now stop asking." I said sternly.

Sabrina went back to eating her waffles in silence. I sighed and stood up, I kissed her forehead and went to grab my phone off the charger.

I leaned against the counter as I show a few notifications pop up. A few messages from Maddison.

Maddison - Dad made sandwiches and brownies. Hope u have an appetite lol 😂

Maddison - u aren't allergic to peanuts are you?

Me - No.

I shut my phone off and shoved it in my back pocket. Sabrina was on her last waffle and I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. After 30 minutes, I was getting Sabrina in the car. She was still mad about the tablet, the pout on her face was profound. 

"They cooked brownies, you can have as many as you like." I said making sure she was buckled up correctly.

"Really?" her eyes lit up

I shook my head and backed up, closing the door and going to get in the driver's seat. I smiled to myself, a sugar high wouldn't hurt anyone.

---