Eight

~Do you think they work?~

I was currently in detention. Lovely. Having to deal with an annoyed Morticia was manageable. Having to deal with an angry Morticia was a whole other thing. I looked around the classrooms, finding a potions one. I was supposed to be cleaning up classrooms, Morticia following close behind me. I saw love potions displayed in the middle. I circled around them, taking note. "Don't even think about it," she snapped. "Do you think they work?" I asked. She just glared at me. "Ok. Look- I get I talked back to you- but I was right," I stood my ground. "Keep cleaning," she commanded. I saw a few other potions. Happiness, Lust, Sadness, Anger, and Sleep. I slipped one of each into my backpack when Morticia went to grab something. I slipped a few Happiness and about ten Love ones. I quickly mixed the sleep potion into some tea and gave it to her. "Love potion, I assume?" She asked, pushing it away. "It wouldn't work anyways. You already love me," I winked, smirking at her. "Fair enough," she rolled her eyes, sipping the tea. She smirked and pushed the tea back towards me. "Nice try. I can tell. But as you said, it's not going to work. Especially, if I already love you," she explained. "True," I smiled, walking up to her. "You're supposed to be cleaning," she told me. "You're supposed to be my soulmate," I smirked, getting on my tiptoes and kissing her cheek. "Ok, nope. Nice try," she pushed me down back onto my heels and playfully pushed me away. "Please?" I asked, tilting my head with a pleading smile. "Finish," she commanded, sitting down in a chair. I walked behind her, giving her shoulders a massage. "Now?" I asked. "Y/n. Work," she sighed. "Morticia!" I whined. She stood up and turned to me. "Y/n. Please-" she blinked a few times and swayed s bit. "Morticia?" I asked with concern. "I-I'm f-fine..." she muttered, gripping the desk for stability. "What's wrong?" I panicked. "I'm just a bit dizzy, that's all," she told me. Shit. I must've added too much of the sleep potion. Maybe I wasn't supposed to add half the bottle. I looked and there was a sign. 'One drop will do the trick!' It read. Fuck! "Maybe you should get back to your dorm?" I suggested. "You're trying to g-get out of this," she muttered. "I'm not. I'll resume it tomorrow, please," I begged. She sighed and nodded. I held out my hand and she hesitantly took it. I wrapped an arm around her waist and led her back to her dorm, her stumbling a few times as I did so. "Sit," I told her. She sat down on her bed and I took her heels off, her struggling to stay awake. "Lay down," I commanded. She sighed and laid on her bed. She continued to hold my hand, even as she did so. I smiled and lied down next to her. She was asleep in seconds. I wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her cheek. She stirred a bit, but pulled me closer, staying asleep. I closed my eyes and allowed myself to slip into my dreams.