Five

~You- You just kissed me

~You- You just kissed me.... Y/n! You can't do that! I'm your teacher!~

I didn't care at this point. I needed to know if she was my soulmate or not. I grabbed her wrist and turned her to face me. I quickly connected our lips before she had time to stop me. I pulled away quickly as well. "You- You just kissed me.... Y/n! You can't do that! I'm your teacher!" She screamed at me. I looked at my hand to see a red heart. I smiled. "Why are you smiling like that?!" She was flustered and angry. "Because you're also my soulmate," I showed her my hand. She looked at me, confused, angry, happy, and sad. Tears filled her eyes. I expected her to yell but instead she just hugged me. She pulled away and smiled. "It- it was you. I thought it was just my head playing tricks on me- when- when you first came here I-" she didn't bother to finished the sentence. I knew what she was trying to say. We stood there in silence for a few moments. "So... this is... awkward...." I muttered. "A bit,". There was definitely some tension, but not the bad kind. Our eyes met each others and as if on command, we kissed. "Wait- is this aloud?" I asked, pulling away. "You said it yourself, as long as we're soulmates," she smiled. "Yeah... but. I'm still only 16," I muttered. "And? You're my soulmate. It doesn't matter," she said. I sighed. "I understand. You need time to adjust," she smiled at me, but there was sadness in her eyes. "No- it's nothing against you- I just- you're kind of different. You're nicer- it's not a bad thing- it's just- confusing?- I dunno," I muttered. "Would you rather me be the teacher version?" She asked, with a small chuckle. I nodded slowly. "Go back to your dorm right now," she said annoyed. "Not yet," I said, hinting for a kiss on the cheek. "That is completely unacceptable Y/n," she said. "Ok. I didn't mean 'That' teacher. Soulmate teacher," I explained. She smiled and shook her head. "Fine," she said kissing me softly on the cheek. "Also, your daughter gives me the creeps," I said walking out, leaving her quite annoyed. As I headed towards my dorm, I passed Principal Weems. "Umm. H-hi," I muttered. "What are you doing out of your dorm? It is an hour past curfew," she explained. "I could ask the same for you," I said. I then realized she had faint lipstick on her cheek and saw a red heart on her hand. "Oh," I said loudly. "What?" She asked, confused. "You must've recently found your soulmate," I smiled innocently. The anger and shock in her eyes was enough to make anyone start laughing. Instead she just smiled. "I see you've found yours as well-" She was cut off by Mrs. Addams opening her door and entering the hallway. "What's going on out here?" She asked, leaning against the doorframe. "Miss Cassidy here was our past curfew," she smiled at Mrs. Addams. "Oh yes. Ever so sorry about that, Larissa. She had gotten on my nerves earlier so I had her stay for detention and care for the plants," she lied. "Until 9?" She asked skeptically. "Each plant needs their own speacial care and it can take a while for someone who doesn't know what they're doing," she explained. "Oh. My apologies then, Y/n," she smiled and continued walking. I waited until she was around the corner. "Thank you so much Mrs. Addams," I told her. "Any time," she smiled warmly at me. A real smile. I smiled back and headed towards my dorm. I laid on my bed and smiled. I had just met my soulmate. My real life soulmate. I'd finally found her. A string appeared in my hand. I sighed and pulled out my pocket knife. I had no idea who this person was. It was easier that way. Corbin McAllister. No idea who he was, but I wasn't going to feel bad, so I quickly cut it. I closed my eyes and allowed myself some much needed sleep.