One

~You like books?~

                         ~You like books?~

Y/N's POV

"Why can't I just stay in Britain! I actually like it there!" I shouted. "Yes I'm well aware, you've been complaining the last three hours!" My mother said, never taking her eyes of the road. "And if you keep complaining I'll use my ring again!" She growled. I shut up real quick. Whenever I annoyed her or someone else annoyed her, she'd hit me with her ring. She's never left any scars but it has caused a few cuts that she's blamed on our cat. We were on our way to Nevermore Academy. I had to leave Darkage School For Fates And Deaths. I was a Fate. An Atropos Fate. I killed. Then there were Clotho Fates, they started lives. And the most boring, Lachesis Fates, they decided weather the person was good or bad. Then there were Deaths. They killed on touch. They also had what was called Death's Kiss. They only had one kiss. And they could use it on whomever they believe their soulmate to be. Then they could stay with them forever. But if that person dies or leaves them, their kiss is wasted. Soulmates. I stopped looking for mine a while ago. When you find your soulmate you might never realize it. I think I met my soulmate once. When I was younger. She was beautiful. However, my mom says I was making it up. What made it worse was that the woman was A LOT older than I was. I was only 6, the woman was 37. 31 YEARS OLDER THAN I WAS. She must not have noticed me but when she looked at me she tilted her head to the side. I'll never forget her. She had long dark hair and wore a black dress. No- a purple dress- or was it grey? Maybe I've forgotten her, but I wouldn't forget how she made me feel. My mother pulled up to the school. "Listen to me Y/N, if I find out that you got into any trouble I will kill you!" She said. "Now get out," I opened the car door and walked up to the tall blonde. "I'm your principal. Larissa Weems," she extended an arm to me. "Y/N Cassidy," I told her. She withdrew her hand and led me to her office. "Why did you leave your previous school, and what was your previous school?" She asked. "Mom said it was teaching me bad stuff, I went to Darkage Academy For Fates And Deaths," I said. She looked at me with surprise. "Darkage?" She asked. I nodded. "You're a Death? Is that why you didn't shake my hand?" She asked. I shook my head. "Atropos Fate," I corrected her. "Well then. I have lots of work to catch up on. Mrs. Addams will show you around," she said motioning towards the door. A woman in a black dress and back heels walked in. Her lipstick was dark red and her hair was straight and black. I lost all air. It was as if the world had filled with carbon dioxide. "Y/N Cassidy I assume?" She asked. Her voice was silky and cold. She smiled softly at me. "Y-yeah..." I muttered. "Thank you," Weems said. "Of course Larissa," we walked the halls, exploring everywhere. "What's this?" I asked pointing to two oak doors. "Oh, why that's the Library. No kids ever go in there for books, though. Most of them just go in there to make out," she sighed sadly. "Why not? Books are amazing!" I said pushing the doors open. "That's not so amazing...." I muttered. In front of us there were two vampires making out with each other. They seemed completely oblivious to us. "Hey! You two. My office. Now!" Mrs. Addams' voice became completely angry. They both turned to us, fear struck in their eyes. "M-Mrs. Addams? You said she doesn't come in here! You said only Weems would catch us!" The girl glared at the boy. There was pure anger in Mrs. Addams' eyes. She did not have a lot of patience. "I SAID NOW!" She screamed. They hurried down the hall with her following. "Sorry we had to cut the tour short. But that's about it. You remember where your dorm is right?" She asked. I nodded, completely lying. I was too scared to say no. She smiled and headed after the two. I walked in that direction, hoping to find another teacher to help me. I heard screaming from one of the offices. Eventually the two kids walked out arguing. "You promised she wouldn't find us! She's the worst teacher of them all! I'd rather Weems find us! That's it! We're done!" Screamed the girl. The boy stormed off in the other direction. Mrs. Addams walked out and sighed. "Y/N. Why aren't you in your dorm?" She asked skeptically. "I-I forgot where it was..." I sighed. "You could have told me. Why did you lie?" Her eyes went dark as she stared down at me. "You- you are very intimidating...." I muttered. "I'll show you your dorm," she said. We walked to the end of the hall and outside one of the rooms. "Here it is," she said. "I'm right next to your office?" I asked. She nodded, still silent. "Also," she finally spoke. I was instantly against the wall, her hand on my throat. "Don't ever lie to me again!" She growled in slow and cold voice. She let go and I caught my breath, looking up at her with fear in my eyes. "Can you show me the library again....?" I gasped. "Do you have a boyfriend or girlfriend waiting there for you?" She asked annoyed. "I'm single," I told her. She looked at me and smiled. "You like books?" She asked. I nodded. "Fine. Right down the hall to the left," she headed back to the office. She gave me the same feeling I had when I was younger. The way she walked. Maybe... was it her? That would mean she would be 47. She didn't look 47. She looked fairly young. I held my breath, debating weather to ask. "Mrs. Addams?" I asked. She turned to me. "Have-have you ever met your soulmate?" I asked. Her smile faltered. "I should probably get back to work," she said, her nails digging into the wood of her door. "I think I've met mine. But I don't know..." I said. "You'll know. You have this... feeling. You can still love someone else. You can love someone else sooo much. And yet, still have a soulmate," she said, lost in thoughts. "You're married aren't you?" I asked, looking at her ring. She smiled. "I was. He was an amazing man," she smiled sadly, tears filling her eyes. "Was?" I questioned. "I need to get back to work," she said again. "He wasn't your soulmate was he?" I questioned again. "I need to get back to work!" Her voice was more agitated. "Have you ever met your soulmate?" I kept pushing. "STOP ASKING QUESTIONS!" She screamed. She went into her office and slammed the door. Great first day with my potential soulmate.