Chapter 9: Lies

"Have you been waiting long?"

. . . . . ╰──╮╭──╯ . . . . .

Ena made her way to the family restaurant where she will meet Yosuke. This is their first date as a pretend-engaged couple. The girl chose to meet him at the store where they first met and made their engagement deal.

She sat down at an empty table at the far right of the restaurant, letting out a sigh.

Ena waited for the male for ten minutes until the glass door opened and the girl looked up to see the familiar boy with glasses. His eye wasn't patched anymore and had already healed.

However, he has visible bruises on his face and Ena realizes he just fought.

Todoroki walked towards her and sat down on the seat across from her.

"You're late," the girl stated.

"I know. Sorry," he replied, letting out a sigh. "Have you been waiting long?"

Ena didn't respond for a few seconds since she was shocked about his concern. Usually, they bicker a lot and will say a lot of reasons why the other one's not responding to their calls or why the other one's late. It would lead to an argument, as always.

The girl shook her head slowly, "Not really."

Todoroki looked up and stared straight at her hazel eyes. "Good. What do you want to eat?"

"Uh..." Ena stammered and looked down at the menu. She pointed to a tonkatsu bowl and an iced tea.

Ena watched the male across from her as he called for the waiter and dictate their orders.

"What's wrong with you?" she blurted out as soon as the waiter left them.

Todoroki turned to her, frowning, "What do you mean?"

Ena blinked with a blank look, "Nothing. Nevermind."

The male raised an eyebrow, unconvinced. However, he shrugged it off and they were met in silence.

Ena looked at the glass window and bit the bottom of her lip. Why did she suddenly ask that?

Maybe it was strange how he was acting. Well, it was weird. She doesn't know how to react.

"Are you okay?" she asked, breaking the silence between them. "I mean, you got into a fight, right?"

Todoroki nodded, unconsciously placing a hand on a bruise on the corner of his lips. "Yeah. I'm alright."

"Does– Does it hurt?"

"A bit," he honestly answered.

"Do you enjoy fighting?"