Chapter 4: The Incident

"You don't have to tag along." 

. . . . . ╰──╮╭──╯ . . . . .

          Ena quickly sat up while breathing heavily. Beads of sweat are forming on her forehead as her eyes widened; her heart was beating rapidly as the moon lit her dark bedroom.

It has been a long time since she had a nightmare about the accident that caused her mother's death.

She was only eight years old when the incident happened. Bits of memories came back to her; her mother lying beside her soaking in her own blood as her arm wrapped around Ena's body, protecting her from harm.

Ena could remember the voices she heard back then and they haunted her. A few weeks when she was sent to the hospital, she frequently had nightmares about it. The voices and the blurry faces of the people who were there when it happened.

It was concluded as a traffic accident, but Ena didn't believe it was. She told her father about it but the patriarch thought it was just the trauma of the incident that caused Ena to think that it was murder.

Ena, who was traumatized by the tragedy, was sent overseas, leaving the memories of the incident and her loving mother. Her father hoped that it could help her heal by going far away from the place where her mother passed.

And for the first time in a while, she had the same nightmare after coming back to Japan.

Ena left her bed and walked to the bathroom. She stared at herself in the mirror and just noticed her tear-stained cheeks.

The girl shut her eyes closed and let out a heavy sigh. She covered her face with her hands as she tried to compose herself.

She walked out of the bathroom and instead of going back to bed, she went out of the balcony. Ena stared at the round moon that was solely lighting up the sky.

She stood there on the balcony for almost half an hour until her eyes felt tired once again. Ena walked back inside and lay back on the bed.

She took her phone from the nightstand and checked the time.

It was 3:44 in the morning.

Ena suddenly found herself staring at Todoroki Yosuke's contact number in her phone. She blinked and sighed as she finally shut the phone and put it back on her nightstand.

The girl rolled to the other side of the bed and fell back asleep.

. . . . . ╰──╮╭──╯ . . . . .