Chapter 3: Agreement

"Why do you care?"

"Why do you care?"

. . . . . ╰──╮╭──╯ . . . . .

     Ena felt like her jaw would break from smiling too much.

Today's the day she's meeting the board members of the company. It has been ten years or more than that since she last met them.

As usual, they're still the same old people she despised because of their misogynistic views. Of course, they couldn't say that they don't approve of her before since she was the only child but now, Keiji showed up and they're obviously showing they favor him in taking over their father's company.

She sat down beside Keiji, in front of them is a long mahogany table in the meeting room. Ena glanced at all the people in the room.

There are currently fourteen people inside the room, wearing formal attires. That includes her, Keiji, and her father.

Two days since she came back home, she didn't see her father until this day. Earlier, her father went home and straightly told her about the meeting that will begin in two hours.

"What?" Ena asked.

"I'll see you and Keiji in an hour," her father simply said.

Ena's mouth went agape as she watched her father going to his own room. She then glanced at Wataru who grimaced at the sudden news.

"Miss," he called.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll prepare," Ena shook his worries away.

In just an hour, she prepared herself. She put on formal clothes, a black coat, a white buttoned shirt underneath, a black pencil skirt, and her black formal shoes. Ena also let Yuri tie her waist-length hair into a single French braid.

She groaned internally as she watched her brother beside her talking to the board members.

"Ass-kissers," she thought.

They completely ignored her as if she wasn't there with them. Ena couldn't care less but in this case, she was going to lose the company of her half-brother.

However, she won't let him. She won't let them.

Keiji glanced at his sister, the latter just raised a brow at him. He stared at her, asking for help as he doesn't know what to answer the old man talking to him.

Ena smirked and shrugged. "Not my problem."

The meeting began and it went on for almost two hours. Ena just listened and gave her opinions from time to time. It didn't go unnoticed to her how the old men were frowning when she was opposing some of their proposals.