Chapter 22 Steel Division(Ma4ked for overhaul)

Start from the beginning

The President's brow furrowed in confusion. "Converged? How is that possible? What's their status?"

The aide paused, struggling to find the right words to convey the magnitude of the situation. "Mr. President, they appear to be disoriented and without clear knowledge of how they ended up here. Their arrival is seemingly connected to the wall of light that engulfed the nation. It's as if they were plucked from their stations and deposited in the vicinity of the city."

A collective gasp filled the room as the implications of this revelation sank in. The President's mind raced, grappling with the sudden influx of military personnel and the unknown forces at play.

"Have we made contact with them? Do they pose any immediate threat?" the President asked, his voice steady despite the gravity of the situation.

The aide shook their head. "No, Mr. President. They are as bewildered as we are. They are reporting in, seeking guidance and orders. We are currently establishing communication channels to coordinate their efforts."

The President nodded, his expression firm. "We must mobilize quickly. These soldiers are our greatest asset, and we cannot waste their skills and training. Get the Joint Chiefs on the line. We need to establish a command structure and integrate these personnel into our ongoing operations."

The room sprang into action, phones ringing and orders being issued. The President's voice cut through the commotion, a beacon of determination.

"Gather our top military strategists, intelligence analysts, and scientific advisors. We need to understand the nature of this phenomenon and utilize all available resources to restore order. The safety of our nation and the lives of our citizens depend on it."

As the room continued to buzz with urgency, the aide added another startling piece of information, causing a ripple of disbelief among the gathered officials.

"Mr. President, it's not just our military personnel from active bases abroad that have converged near New York. Our naval fleets, including aircraft carriers and destroyers, are also positioned off the coast, as if drawn here by the same force," the aide announced, their voice tinged with astonishment.

The President's eyes widened, realizing the gravity of the situation. "Our naval fleets too? This is unprecedented. We must ascertain their status and ensure their readiness."

The aide nodded, their voice determined. "Yes, Mr. President. We are establishing communication with the fleet commanders, but initial reports suggest that they, like the ground forces, are disoriented and seeking guidance."

The room fell into a brief silence as the weight of the situation settled upon them. The convergence of military personnel and the presence of naval fleets only intensified the mystery surrounding the wall of light and the emergence of the black pools of creatures.

The President's resolve grew stronger, their voice filled with determination. "We will not let this darkness consume us. Mobilize all available resources. Establish command centers, coordinate with the Joint Chiefs, and communicate with our forces both on land and at sea. We must assess the situation, form a comprehensive strategy, and eliminate this threat from our shores."

As the President's orders echoed through the room, the urgency intensified. The nation's military machinery sprang into action, uniting forces from within and beyond its borders, as they prepared to face an unprecedented and formidable enemy. With the convergence of troops and the presence of naval fleets, the stage was set for a battle that would determine the fate of not only New York City but the entire nation.

Outskirts of New York City...

The armored division commander stood tall amidst the rumbling of tanks and the hustle of soldiers as they prepared to receive their orders. The events of the past hours had been bewildering, to say the least. The commander's mind raced with questions, but he maintained his composure, ready to lead his troops into whatever lay ahead.