Chapter 10 May Death Not Do Us Part

Ruby, Yang, Summer, and Oobleck all stared in silence. They were all emotional at this point. Ruby was speechless, Yang's eyes turned red with anger, and Oobleck remained calm but also shocked.

"Ruby, I'm sorry." Summer said."Where have you been!?" Yang shouted, "We looked everywhere for you, we all thought you were dead, we grieved, we mourned, and you were alive all this time!"

"I'm so sorry." Summer said, "I know you wanted to find me, I know we lost touch and we didn't keep in contact, I'm so sorry."

"Yang, she's apologizing." Oobleck said, "This is a big deal."

"No...!" Yang said, "She's lying! We need to get the hell out of here!"

"Yang, we can't!"

"Yes, we can!" Yang said, "We will go back to were we came and search for another way out."

"Yang, please listen to me." Summer pleaded

"Why should we listen to you? When you didn't even send a letter letting us know you were alive!" Yang said, tears starting to form in her eyes. "I lost one mother. I thought I lost two... Ruby never moved on, dad was broken, and I had to show a strong face for Ruby."

"I know I did you wrong, Yang; If you could just let me explain." Summer pleaded once again."Yang..."

Ruby put her hand on Yang's shoulder. "Let's listen to what she has to say."

"I agree." Oobleck said.

"Fine!" Yang huffed.

"Thank you."

"It all started 11 years ago..."

Somewhere near Patch...

Summer is currently walking back to Patch after another hard work of being a huntress. She was exhausted. She can't wait to lie down on her bed and sleep like a baby. But before she got to the outskirts of Patch, she saw something glowing in the darkness.

"What is that?" She asked herself.

Summer approached some kind of glowing device. She knew curiosity killed the cat.

"Better tell Ozpin about this."

Before she could turn back, the device exploded in a fury of light.

"I guess the curiosity will kill the cat after all..."

The White House, Washington DC...

"Ugh... Where am I?" Summer slowly got up.

"What are you doing in my office!?" a suited man shouted behind her.

"Wait! It's not what you think," Summer tried to explain herself, but a taser soon ensured she would get some more rest. She was handcuffed to the president's chair by his assistant, who looked at her uncomfortably.

"Are you sure this is legal, Mr. President?" his assistant asked."No use dwelling on that now... The Secret Service should be barging through that door in a few seconds."

*BAM*

"And there they are."

"Mr. President! Are you okay?" One of the secret service agents asked."You should be asking the medieval woman," The President said sarcastically.

"How did she...?"

"I saw a bright light that engulfed my office when I entered, and she appeared right in the middle."

"Mr. President, we should take her in for interrogation before she could possibly endanger your life," said the agent.

"Ugh..." Summer groaned on the floor.