Chapter 17 Double Agent

Amity Colosseum...

As they watched from the bleachers, Summer couldn't help but feel a sense of unease. The fight between JNPR and Team BRNZ was intense, and the use of real weapons made her worry about the safety of the students.

Yang noticed Summer's concern and asked her if everything was alright.

Summer hesitated for a moment before replying, "I just can't help but worry about the students. With the use of real weapons in these fights, it's only a matter of time before someone gets seriously hurt."

Ruby piped up, "But Mom, we've been using real weapons since the start of our training. It's the only way to prepare us for the real world."

Summer nodded in agreement, "I know, but that doesn't mean we can't take precautions. Perhaps we could have some sort of protective gear that could prevent the weapons from doing serious harm?"

Yang joked, "Yeah, like armor or something."

Summer rolled her eyes, "Ha ha, very funny. But seriously, we need to do something to ensure the safety of the students."

As the fight continued, Team JNPR emerged victorious, but not without some injuries. Summer watched with a heavy heart as the students were taken away for medical attention.

Ruby placed a comforting hand on her mother's shoulder and said, "Don't worry, Mom. We'll make sure to stay out of harm's way."

Summer smiled at her daughter, feeling proud of her and her team. "I know you will, Ruby. I have faith in all of you. It's just... I had some bad experiences while training in my 'home.'"

Ruby asked her mother, "Why, Mom? What kind of experiences?"

Summer hesitated for a moment before responding. "Just...unpleasant memories, Ruby. But let's not focus on that. You're right, your training here will be different. And I'm sure it will be just as effective."

"But why, Mom?" Ruby pressed.

Summer sighed. "Do you really want to know, Ruby?"

Ruby nodded eagerly.

Summer paused for a moment before asking a rhetorical question. "Do you know how disciplined and strict your training was?"

Ruby and the rest of the team nodded in agreement.

"Well, let's just say that the training I received in my home was even more intense than that. It's not something I like to think about," Summer explained.

Weiss, however, was indignant. "Surely it can't be as strict as the training in Atlas," she said with a hint of disbelief.

Summer's expression turned serious as she began to speak. "One of my training courses, we had to crawl through barbed wire while machine guns fired over our heads. One of the trainees stood up, and his head disintegrated into many bloody pieces. It was a harsh reminder that our job is not without risks."

The atmosphere among the group became tense as they listened to Summer's story. They were reminded once again of the dangers they faced as Huntsmen and Huntresses. After a moment of silence, Weiss spoke up, her voice laced with indignation.

"Well, I'm sure the training in Atlas is much stricter than that," she said, crossing her arms. "We have to be prepared for anything, after all."

Summer gave a small smile. "Yes, discipline and preparation are important no matter where you train. But don't underestimate the intensity of training outside of Atlas, Weiss. We all have our own unique experiences and challenges."

Ruby nodded in agreement, and the rest of the group fell silent, lost in thought. They knew that no matter where they trained, their job as Huntsmen and Huntresses was not an easy one.