It Hurts - Kozik

Description: Kozik's best friend has her heart broken so he comforts her as best he can.

I sobbed into my pillow, still unsure how the last twenty four hours had landed me here. I'd spent yesterday in Nevada with the man of my dreams and this afternoon I found out he was moving to New York and calling things off with me. I wanted him to do what was best for him but it hurt like hell for me.

My bedroom door was pushed open and I jumped, looking over to see Kozik walking in.

"Your dad called me," he said softly. I just collapsed down onto my bed and started sobbing again.

"I don't, it fucking hurts Koz," I cried out between sobs. He sighed and sat down, wrapping his arms around me. He pulled me into his lap as I continued to sob.

"I know," he said.

"We were supposed to work. He, we, he told me it was us against everything," I sobbed.

"Hey pretty girl, look at me," Kozik said, trying to get me to move away from his chest and make eye contact. I just leaned into his chest more. He rubbed my back gently and held me as I tried to relax.

"I can't Koz," I said. "I, it hurts so fucking much."

"I know," he said. "And I've got you."

"He took my heart and shattered it and stomped on the pieces."

Kozik laughed a little and I sat up a bit more to look at him.

"Don't laugh at me asshole," I said.

"I'm sorry," he said, placing his hand on the side of my head. "But he doesn't deserve you. You move mountains for the people you love and he couldn't even turn down a mediocre job? No. He's not the one."

"But I was so fucking happy when we were together. Happier than I'd been in a long fucking time."

"I know," he said. "And you deserve to be happy. You deserve someone who values your happiness."

"Thank you," I said.

"I mean it doll," he said. "You love hard. It's a good thing. Most people don't. Don't let this break you."

"It already has Koz," I said. He wiped my cheeks where there were tears still streaming down them.

"Hey look at me," he said softly. I looked up at his eyes. "He doesn't deserve you. You are too good for him. He's the one losing out here."

I smiled a little but it fell quick.

"Thanks for trying Koz," I said. "It's just going to take some time."

"And I will be here for you every second."

"Don't," I said. "Don't say it if you don't mean it."

He nodded and held my face gently. "I mean it. I've got you. Always have."

I nodded. I knew he did. Kozik's been there for me through everything since we'd met and this wasn't the first heart break he'd talked me through.

"Go hop in the shower," he said. "Relax. I'll hold your phone for the night. And I'm gonna run and grab some snacks and I'll be back."

I nodded and headed down the hallway to shower. I had tried to calm down and I was starting to. I had only managed to catch my breath a little when I collapsed back onto my bed. Kozik wasn't back yet, and being alone with my thoughts was going to kill me.

"Hey those better not be more sobs I hear," Kozik joked from the hallway. I sniffled to try and calm down.

"I feel like someone punched a hole in my chest Koz," I said.

"I know and I'm sorry pretty girl."

He sat down beside me and handed me some chocolate.

"Eat this," he said as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"Thank you," I said. He nodded and held me as I ate slowly.

"You need to try to sleep."

"I can't Koz," I said as I sat the now empty wrapper on my bedside table.

"I'm not going anywhere tonight. Lay down and try," he said. I slid further down on my bed and tried to relax. Kozik rubbed my arm to try and help me relax as he held me against his chest.

"I've got you."