When I Have a Beer - Happy

Description: Happy is sent to visit the Teller sister while she's in jail. He and her have a long and complicated history.

I sat down at the table across from Happy and glared at him. I hadn't had visitors yet so the fact that they sent him was pissing me off.

"We're not doing that," he said simply. I glanced at the guards.

"Why're you here?" I asked.

"How're you doing?"

I sighed and rolled my shoulders. "Fine."

"Don't do that shit babe," he said.

"I'm not your babe," I said. "I made that very clear."

"I never agreed to that."

"Happy," I sighed. "I digress. Why're you here?"

"Your Mother sent me," he said. He shrugged a little and leaned more on the table between us.

"Happy Lowman," I said. I glared at him.

"Hey when she speaks we listen and you know that."

I rolled my eyes and ran my hand through my hair.

"Orange isn't your color," he said.

"Yea I know. But I beat the shit outta that cunt that was always up on you," I said. "And fuckin Hale witnessed it."

"I heard," he said. "But babe-."

"Happy, no," I said.

They announced that visitation was almost over.

"Hap, tell the boys I love 'em," I said. He nodded.

"I put money on your books. The guys send their love," he said. I nodded.

"Thanks Hap," I said.

Over my six months in the county bed and breakfast, Happy was pretty consistently there as my visitor.

On the day that I got out, sure enough Happy was there waiting for me.

"Shit they had to send you on pick up too?" I asked as he handed me a sweatshirt. It was pretty cool for Northern California and he had his bike.

"I was on my way to Charming anyway," he shrugged a little. "Glad you're out babe."

"Still not your babe."

"I wouldn't mind if you were," he said. He was smoking and leaning against his bike as I slid the hoodie on.

"Happy fuckin Lowman," I said, laughing a little. "I could use a good fuck though."

"That all I'm good for?"

I nodded and laughed a little. "Oh yea."

"Come here," he said, laughing and grabbing my hand. I laughed softly as he pulled me into his chest.

"Love that sound," he said softly. I think he was hoping I wouldn't hear him.

"You're a softy dumbass," I said.

"Only with you," he said.

I relaxed against his chest. "Thanks for picking me up Hap."

"Anything for you girl. You know that."

He pushed me away a little and threw one leg over his bike.

"For the record, me riding bitch doesn't make me your bitch," I said.

"What happened to needing a good fuck?"

"One good fuck. Then I'll bounce around hang-."

He turned around a little and growled. "I want you girl."

"We'll talk in Charming when I have a beer," I said, attempting to hide the effect his words had on me.

Happy handed me his helmet and I put it on before wrapping my arms around him.

By the time we arrived back in Charming, I was pretty much willing to do whatever he said. Happy knew full well the effect being on his bike had on me. He was more than willing to speed to up those effects.

When we got to the lot, Happy wouldn't let anyone else near me as he picked me up and carried me to his room, pausing only long enough for a couple of beers at the bar.

We didn't even have the door shut when my big brother was pounding on it. "Hey that's my sister. At least let me say hi before you fuck her."

I laughed and opened the door to hug him before shutting and locking it.