Fatboy - Happy

Description: Happy's old lady is in the club and when Bobby's Fatboy acts up on a run both her and Tig go down.

Everything on this run was going smooth, too smooth. We'd managed to find the Army surplus store that covered as a front for the Irish gun trade. We were headed to the drop off location when Bobby's Fatboy started acting up.

Fucking moron.

I'd told him to leave the Fatboy on the lot. It was fine for riding around Charming but that damn thing wasn't up for long runs anymore.

It started smoking and Tig went off the road. His crash caused me to go down with him. We both wound up at the bottom of the fucking hill.

"Jesus fucking Christ," I yelled.

"Bobby you're so dead," Tig yelled causing me to laugh a little as Happy and Chibs came running down the hill.

"I'm gonna kill him," I said as Happy helped me sit up and Bobby ran down the hill.

Tig was bleeding from a huge cut on his leg and mine was laying at an awkward angle.

"You two are gonna need an ambulance," Chibs said. Happy just stared at me.

"Heads are gonna roll," I said. He nodded and kissed my head.

"Bikes gonna need fixed," he said.

"You wanna stick around and help with that."

He nodded and held me while we waited.

We sat there a while longer until ambulances showed up and the Redwood guys and Happy followed our ambulances to the hospital.

When they were wheeling us in Clay yelled at Bobby that we were gonna get whatever we needed from him.

The administration took our insurance information. Tig was too far from home and not in critical condition so they probably wouldn't see him. I had slightly better insurance since my day job was at St Thomas.

They'd taken X-rays and I heard Tig in the hallway cursing since they wouldn't stitch him. I hobbled to the door.

"Let me stitch him," I said. "I'm a nurse at St Thomas in Charming."

"Your knee is dislocated," the doctor said as he walked over.

"Go sit your ass down," Happy said with a glare. I glared back but had to listen.

The doc gave me some pain meds and got ready to reset it.

"Happy, I want Happy," I said. The doctor got Happy and he ran into the room. He held my hand and I braced myself for the pain I knew I was going to feel regardless of the fact that I had medication.

Once it was reset, he put a huge brace on my leg and Happy helped me into a wheelchair.

We were leaving with Tig for his transport to the closest hospital that would take his insurance when Hap had to run back inside. Something about a missing insurance card. I was still too doped up to care much.

A blue van pulled up as Tig and Bobby were yelling. It had to be bounty hunters but I was too high to help. They took Tig.

Sack took off after them and Bobby tried to but the Fatboy wouldn't start.

Happy came back out and started questioning what was going on. I explained and we went to get on his bike together. He took the crutches inside and told the nurse I'd be back for them before coming over to me and taking me to his bike. He stood next to it and looked at me.

"You're too fucked up to ride," he said.

"I can keep myself upright," I said. He wasn't sure but couldn't question me as he got on his bike and I struggled to get on behind him.

We headed down the road a ways to where the rest of the guys were. Bobby had called Clay and we were regrouping since the prospect was with Tig.

"Fuck," I said as we reached the other guys.

"Glad you two stayed upright," Bobby said. I nodded and Happy stood up before helping me to my feet. Piney pulled in not long after us.

"Hap help me in the truck," I said as the guys started yelling about Tig. I was too doped up to care still. He nodded and took me over and picked me up.

Before too long Piney was back in the truck with Jax, Sack, Chibs, and Happy all climbing on the back. I guess we were going to get Tig.

I don't remember a ton of how it went except that there was a loud crash and tons of yelling.

"Piney, take them to St Thomas," Clay said once we were back with all the men. Tig was now in the cab with Piney and I. Thank god for the bench seat.

"Pick up her crutches at the hospital down the road first," Happy said. Piney nodded to his brother. Happy leaned up closer to the cab.

"I love you girl. Listen to Piney."

I nodded and cuddled into Tig as Piney handed him the booze.

The ride back to Charming after getting my crutches and our bikes was long. By the time we reached St Thomas most my pain meds had worn off so I was both exhausted and in incredible pain.

I sat with Tig while they stitched him anyways.

"How were you laughing when we wrecked?"

"Bro if I fucking knew," I said. "Probably adrenaline or some shit."

"Sorry you wrecked because of me."

"Not your fault. Hopefully that Fat boy left his fucking bike on the side of the damn highway."

Tig laughed a little. At least he'd be able to ride tomorrow. I wasn't allowed to do anything for three weeks minimum.

Happy showed up as they were getting ready to discharge Tig. He'd helped with the delivery and left to head back here. He was taking me home and he promised to stay and fix my bike up himself. It was hard being together with him being nomad and me being Redwood but I couldn't live without him completely so I learned to accept and work with the distance.

"Maybe I should just transfer here," he said. I don't think he knew I was listening. He'd called Kozik to fill him in. I missed Kozik. I smiled at the thought of having Happy here all the time and closed my eyes, trying to relax and let the ice take the pain out of my knee some.