3 | Potential customer, not

Start from the beginning

"What? Aren't you going to say the same thing about me?"

"Maybe another day."

"Fine. Well, I need to get going."

"I guess you'll call tomorrow again."

"Hear you then!"

Beep, beep, beep.

I scoff at her last remark. "Hear you again?" Silly girl.

"Seems like someone's falling in L-O-V-E!" Devon sang as he passed by.

"I have a girlfriend, Devon!" I call after him. "Stop it."

"I heard it's been sour between you guys recently."

"Where did you here that from?"

"Gossip," he shrugs. I run my fingers through my hair and sigh.

"It's perfectly fine between me and Veronica." I snap, not really meaning to. 

Veronica, my girlfriend of six months. To be honest, it hasn't been the same since the time I saw her hugging her ex... in a way that didn't make me feel comfotable. Sure she can hug her ex, I guess. But the way she did it was just... weird. That's just veronica, I guess. Sometimes she is just weird. And I love all aspects of her, even here strange sides. 

Just the hugging with her ex... that is kind of a line that I wish she hadn't crossed.

"I'm not gonna cheat on her, Devon," I tell him as I wipe the counter.

"Well I saw her yesterday-" I glare at him and he shuts up.

"Please don't try to talk trash about her when she's not around, or when she is." I feel my face getting tense. "You don't even know what really happened, or what's the truth."

"Alright, man." Devon brings his hands up in surrender and turns toward the kitchen. "Suit yourself."

This isn't really a spoiler, but if you're curious about the direction this story will go, continue reading

This isn't really a spoiler, but if you're curious about the direction this story will go, continue reading. If you want to go on reading the story blindly, do not read the next thing. Just carry on to the next chapter <3 

Also yes, that was definitely a "Sushi Hotline" by AMG297 reference!

I hope you enjoyed the chapter and thank you for reading, dearest roses! Don't forget to

This isn't really a spoiler, but for some it might be. It's regarding a preference of mine. So if you're sensitive to spoilers, don't read the next part.

🚩

‼️!!!

🚩

!!!!!

One thing: I hate cheating tropes (where the MCs cheat with each other for whatever reason).