IV- Vanguard vs Sovereign Pt. 1

Flashback, 30 minutes earlier.

August had quietly got up and went outside, while everyone else was finishing dinner. Now I could lie and say he was getting air, but nope. Instead he was checking on an alert he got from someone moving on the campus grounds.

Now this may not seem like a big thing, and normally you would be right. However this time, it was a sus individual. 

Sus in the fact they were moving as if they didn't want to be caught, and as if they were lost.

Which is why after August got up and exited the house, he wasn't surprised when he found a black haired man peeking in windows.

"Yo." August called out, "Can I help you with something kind sir?"

The man seemingly flinched before turning around and greeting him.

"Sorry about that, I was just looking for a certain August. The principal told me to find him, and ask to borrow a young Raiden. I don't suppose you would know where I can find him?"

August gave a hum of contemplation as if thinking if he knew such a person. Before he slammed his fist in his palm as if having an epiphany.

"Yeah no problem! I know him well. Come on he lives a small ways off. Also we have maps on campus you know?"

The man feigned sheepishness. "Sorry must have slipped my mind."

August nodded as if that was a common thing, before pulling out his own phone and walking the opposite way of his house.

"Follow me buddy ol pal."

And so the two walked, with August typing away on his phone.

'Sorry Theresa. I owe ya one.' 

Schicksal HQ 

A red flashing light was seen in the Overseers office coming from a desk. There were two people sitting in the room at the time. A certain Otto and Amber, his helper.

Amber looked at the crimson light and saw two separate requests, as well as a short message. She hesitated before allowing one request and showing the Overseer as if seeking permission. He quickly read it, a small smile forming as he did so.

Amused, Otto didn't even speak as he waved her to go ahead. She nodded and allowed the other request as well.

In case your wondering, the requests were simple. Reinforcements, and a prototype weapon only seen in simulations. Tailor made for Schicksal's current Knight.

Back with August and the disgrace of a Herrscher

The man was rapidly losing patience. He had been walking for what felt like hours but was definitely minutes, and the entire time this bumbling buffoon was humming cheerfully without a care! In fact they were progressing deeper into woodland like area as he speaks!

Eventually he couldn't take it and spoke his  mind.

"Do you truly know where we're going?! We've been walking for a while and I'm afraid you may be lost."

August smiled at him.

"Of course, your looking for m- ehem. August's house right? Come on, we're close."

Now even the man wasn't stupid enough to miss such a blatant slip up. His hand went behind his back as a small black orb began to form inside his palm.

"Say. What's your name boy?"

August hummed thoughtfully.

"Counterpoint. What's your name?"

Alarm bells went off in the man's head. "I'm Welt Joyce."