Chapter 1

People could only stare at you on disbelief as you gobble down the foods they served to you. They watch as each meal from the plate vanish in an instant, stuffing it in your mouth and swallowing it down almost without chewing. They begin to wonder if you can even be full as there are already 4 tall stacks of plates behind you.

"Umm miss, calm down. If you keep eating like that, you'll choke- " Just as the miner from earlier in which you've learned the name is Jovan warned you, your eyes widen as you began rapidly hitting your chest, choking at the food that is stuck until the man himself gave you a big mug of water to down it with ease. "Ahh thanks! I could've died there. Oh wait, I can't, I forgot I can't die!" You spoke, laughing at your own terrible humour which only made the people present in the same room as you sweat down.

Finally after the feast and doing the essential thing that you needed the most, taking a pretty well deserved and long bath, you are now sitting in front of the same mining groups that had found you and the Village Elder named Emeryll. "Thank you for the hospitality that you have shown to me by providing food and clothes, I don't have any money on me so is there anyway I can repay you somehow?" You asked the people in front of you with a slight bow. Despite your terrible table manners, you didn't lack the respect to the people that had helped you. "No need dear, we are happy to help you out. To think that there is someone really trapped in that cave for such a very long time with no food and water or even a companion must be pretty sad and lonely." The old woman said, her wrinkly brows furrowing just imagining the loneliness you felt over the years of being trapped. "Well if you live alone long enough, it doesn't feel as sad as you think it is. Tho it almost made me feel crazy hearing nothing but my own breathing." You laughed a bit, once again making the people sweat at your terrible humour but the village elder only chuckle at your words.

"Aside from it... How did you know I was there? Did someone point it out or something?" You asked. Everyone remained quiet for a good while until Emeryll break the silence before speaking. "My late husband said that he left a treasure, something he holds dear inside a cave under the mountain."

"I ask him 'Why can't you dig it out?', his replies are always the same. 'It 's not time yet', 'The world isn't ready for it' or 'I'd rather die than dig it up'."

"Me? A treasure?" You asked while pointing to yourself, confused as to what that meant. "I tried prying more information about this treasure but he just won't budge, I eventually give up."

The woman spoke while shaking her head. "There was a point that I thought he was just speaking crazy, never in a hundred years that it was literally a live human being trapped inside, or are you even human to begin with." She continued as her old but observant eyes stared at you.

"Oh, I'm a human alright. I just can't die."

"This late husband of yours.... Can I know his name..? All that time I was held as a prisoner in that cave made my memories a bit fuzzy, I can barely remember who trapped me there." You've known a few people that could've known your location all these years but most of those are pirates, the government will catch the word if they did. Unless...

Your eyes widen as it finally hits you. The woman didn't speak and just kept staring at you with a gentle smile on her face. "Seems like I didn't have to tell you his name." You stared at him for a moment then at Jovan who just sat on one armchair quietly. "He has a nice family, I gotta admit. Tho his son could learn a thing or two about respecting his late father." You spoke bluntly causing the man's eyes to widen then looked away, whistling casually as possible.

Emeryll could only shake her head in disapproval to her son before slowly standing up, carefully began to walk towards one room and turning around to look at you. "He told me that the treasure will head out to an adventure once it is out. He asked me to give this weapon to it when that day comes." She spoke while opening the door. Pearing inside, you could see the scabbard of a familiar katana held up by a wooden stand.

The sheath alone was enough to tell that it was kept in its top shape, regularly clean, it's dark purplish color gleam under the light along with the golden ornaments that decorated the tip and mouth. Running your hand at the smooth body of the scabbard, you gently picked it up and inspect it closely. Holding the hilt of the weapon, you pushed your thumb over the guard and out came the blade. Fully unsheathing the weapon, a smile settled on your lips as you admire the blade. "It's good to see you again, World Closer." You spoke to it, the katana gleaming as if to respond to your smile before lowering it and sheathing back to its holder. Turning to face the woman, you then speak. "I want to see him again."

Walking towards a hill with a bottle of beer in hand, Jovan stopped just below it saying he can't go any further for probably father-son reasons. Emeryll wants to bring you there herself but can't because she's too old to walk further and may collapse along the way.

Climbing up the small hill, you traverse your way through the small forest until you reach a clearing with a lone tombstone sitting in the middle with the words 'Here lies Hugo'.

"You really did die." You spoke before popping the beer open and taking a swig from it. Closing your eyes for a moment, you took another drink from the bottle before pouring the remaining contents before the tombstone. "Drink up, buddy. Sadly I can't stay for too long here, you know I won't settle until I find the other half. There's so much I wanna tell you but... I'll save that for another time. Rest well, Hugo. I'll tell you all the stories of my adventure when I get back." You spoke like making a promise, putting the empty bottle before the grave and walking away. The whistling of the wind and rustling of the leaves of trees and bushes filled your ears as you left the place.

Arriving at the foot of the hill, Jovan still waited until his eyes landed at you. "Done saying good bye to the old man?" He asked, voice still gruff that it reminds you of your dead friend. "There's a small sailboat near the docks provided by the Village Elder or my mother as you know, for your travel." He contined before walking beside the man as he leads you by the docks, a small sailboat waiting for you. "I don't know what happened between the two of you but I hope you have the heart to forgive that knucklehead since he's no longer here, your father." You continued making Jovan sigh. "I'm not angry at him, if that's what you think. Just questioning why he has to lie that you are trapped there instead of lying about a treasure there? We could've dug you either way." With another sigh, he watched you board the boat.

"Maybe he has reasons, sadly we can't know them." You replied before accepting the compass he held out for you to grab. "The boat is stock up with enough supplies to last until you arrive at another island."

"Take care of your mother now, I know we just met but I'm sure she's a sweet old lad and you're a good son." You heard him huff but never miss to catch a smirk. "You really are weird just like in the stories my old man used to tell once. May you come again after the end of your quest, Stargazer." Waving a hand, the man watched you sail off before turning around.