fifty nine; cheek to cheek

Start from the beginning

"What is wrong with you today? You're vulgar."

Delilah was always vulgar, but nevertheless she flopped down onto her bed with a sigh, her body spread like a starfish, "I'm in love."

"With Rosalie? I know, you have been since probably the day you were conceived."

"Ew, she was practically 85 when I was conceived. Don't say that." With vampire speed Delilah grabbed Bella from where she was stood and pulled her onto the bed with her, "With you. Have been since we met. Run away with me, start a new life. Forget Edward and Renesmee, and-" Delilah couldn't finish her sentence before she burst out laughing.

"You're mentally deranged." Isabella did relaxed into said mentally deranged woman's arms though.

"Ugh, Bellatrix you'd be so lucky if I was in love with you. I'm a catch..... but alas I am not in love with thee. I'm just.... I don't know, in love with life at the minute I guess."

For once everything had fallen into place. Delilah was on good terms with all of the Cullens (Olivia not included, Jury still out on Alice), Maya was okay and happy, Delilah had moved back to Whistler with Rosalie and the Bell sisters had bought a large house down the road.

Everything was perfect.

.....Minus Delilah's relationship with Jane. But some things could never be fixed, and that was okay. Sometimes things were never meant to be fixed.

Kathryn was okay too. She'd met a lovely man. Her soulmate probably. He was a frenchman, and so Kathryn's style. The two were currently living it up in Montpellier (out of the sun, of course).

Even Mary was okay. She hadn't met the one yet, but she wasn't hung up on Delilah either. What they'd had was great, and pure. But it wasn't forever, Mary knew that now. Hopefully one day soon she would find her forever.

"Are you leaving?"

For once, Bella didn't want to return to Forks. She wanted to stay in Whistler with her best friend, in fact she wanted to move her whole life to Whistler. However, this was Delilah's home. Her safe space, Whistler wasn't for any of the Cullens but Rosalie.

That was okay too. Delilah was happy here, this was where she belonged. Not in Forks, or Italy. In her bungalow with Rosalie and their thousands of plants. Bella could visit whenever she wanted, or phone whenever she needed. Delilah might be a country away but she wasn't gone anymore.

"We need to go while the roads are clear."

Delilah nodded, clearing her throat of any sadness. "I'll miss you."

A sad smile graced Bella's lips, "Sometimes you remind me of the old you..... not the bitchy fake you, or even the normal you - the poorly you. Where you were so sweet and soft, and you needed me."

Those months were some of the hardest of Delilah, Bella and Maya's lives. But they brought them all undeniably closer. Delilah could never thank Bella enough for being there. "I'll always need you, you're my baby- Bell."

A quiet laugh left Bella's lips, "Not as much as I'll need you, Lilah."

"Bell," Delilah searched the woman's eyes, "I love Rosalie, truly with my whole heart. She's always been it for me. But, I think you're the great love of my life. I mean that in the most platonic way, obviously. I'd just do anything for you.

Bella Swan knew that when Delilah George sacrificed herself at the ballet studio.

Bella Cullen knew that when Delilah George showed up on the battle field to fight for them.

"You're my greatest love too. I know I've not always been the most amazing friend, but you're my best friend. I think I had to come to Forks for Edward, but I know I'd have found you anywhere."

For a few seconds, the women hugged each other as tight as possible. "Leave before I make you stay here. And trust me you do not want to stay, that demon will not be allowed back in the front door."

"She'd have to use the back entrance."

"She'd go up in flames."

Finally, Isabella got up while she laughed, "Oh because I bet it's going to be so church like in here tonight. Your first night alone with Rosalie in your house."

"Okay, please don't talk about my sex life, Isabella." The pair started making their way to the front door, "We aren't that close."

Jacob and Renesmee stood next to their car, where they had been left for the last ten minutes. "Is Aunt Rose not coming to say bye?"

"No Nes, you know what she's like. She'd get too emotional saying bye to you." Rosalie still had to work on realising Renesmee wasn't her own.

"She said goodbye last night though, and I'm sure you'll speak soon." Delilah was already dreading the endless phone calls, hopefully the novelty would wear off as soon as possible.

"Okay, Jacob get in the car. Ren say goodbye to Aunt Lilah."

"It's Aunt Delilah, and that's okay. No hugs needed, a high five will do. Or even a wave, I don't need that physically stuff."

Thankfully a fist bump was settled on, "Thanks for having us. I'll miss you."

"Yeah yeah, see those manners? Make sure you tell Edward that was all me." A smug smile graced Delilah's lips, "Oh Jakey! Watch out for the bears. Bear v wolf never ends well..... remember 'if it's brown, lay down. If it's black, fight back. It's it's white...." Delilah didn't even get to finish her sentence before car doors were slamming and she was waving bye to the three passengers.

Whatever, that was good advice.

Delilah waved until the car pulled away, before turning around to prepare date night.

Rosalie wouldn't be back for another couple of hours. God knows what she was up to, but finally Delilah trusted her. It wasn't easy, but ultimately Delilah realised Rosalie was stuck between a rock and a hard place. There was no right or easy choice for her to make.

Besides, Delilah was going to be around for a longtime. There was no point in being alone forever.

There was only one room Delilah wanted to be in, and unbelievably it wasn't the bedroom. One of Delilah's favourite rooms in the house was the kitchen, the green blue cabinets and white counter but black island. It was perfect, exactly how Delilah had made it. Sure it wasn't the Whistler vibe, but a few months ago neither was Delilah.

Delilah's actions were silly. She knew it was silly, but she couldn't help herself. She was a romantic at heart, and being a human wouldn't change that.

"Ly, what're you doing hon?"

Delilah paused her humming when she heard the front door open, inwardly cringing at the pet name. When did they get so old?

"I'm in the kitchen!"

As soon as Rosalie entered the kitchen, she couldn't help but laugh. The lights were dimmed with the curtains drawn, and music poured from the radio on the counter near her girlfriend (who was now wearing a pink apron). In the corner of her eye, Rosalie could see candles lit on the table with some fresh roses and glasses of something red - most likely blood and not wine. "What is this?"

"It's a celebration. First official night in our house alone." Delilah's smile was contiguous, "And look what I made!"

As Delilah moved out of the way, a cake could be seen on the counter. It wasn't perfect, Delilah wasn't a baker or decorator by any means. It was just the thought that counts, and Rosalie loved that thought.

"'Rosie hearts Ly' if you made it shouldn't it say 'Ly hearts Rosie'?"

"Shhh, I did something nice. Dance will me will you?"

"I'll always dance with you." And so they did, to old music from a time they'd never be accepted in, in a house they loved in.

ey up. song for the chapter is by ella fitzgerald and louis armstrong. love me old romance.
saw beyoncé this week, feels so good to be better that everyone :p

enjoy!!! ik not much rosalie in this, but i felt so much finality for delilah while writing this. i probably will be writing an epilogue though!!!