Narcissa Malfoy - Teachers Lounge (F)

(A/N: Artwork not mine! And Narcissa will be blonde, like she is in the book!)

"Y/N, How are you settling in?" McGonagall, the new Headmistress, questioned, taking a seat next to her in the Teachers Lounge. It felt like only yesterday she was teaching the girl transfiguration, and now the woman is teaching on her team.

"Yes, hello, really well, thank you," Y/N said nervously, it still didn't feel quite right concidering McGonagall as a friend and not a teacher, though even as a student she used to have regular chats with tea and biscuits in her office.

"And the students?" McGonagall queried. It was always the biggest challenge for a new teacher, the children didn't always treat them right.

"They're all lovely, though I think sometimes they're a little afraid. It helps, so I'm definitely not complaining," Y/N responded honestly.

"And your chambers?"

"Perfect. I couldn't ask for a comfier bed, it's better than the one back home!" They laughed a little together.

Y/N was an apprentice teacher while the golden trio were learning. She shadowed Professor Sprout for a while, before moving professions within to school to learn from Madame Pomfrey. She had been there during the battle of Hogwarts as medical aid, but had finally been offered a teaching position as Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, now that the position was no longer cursed.

After the war, after all the loss and suffering, McGonagall was willing to forgive. Much of the ministry resented her for it, but she was able to let those who deserved it into her teaching family.

One of these people was Narcissa Malfoy. Her husband had gone to jail, and there were long, arduous court trials for both her and Draco. In the end, Draco was sentenced to community service at St. Mungo's hospital, and Narcissa revealed the truth. She was a spy for the light.

Narcissa had realised early on that Voldemort would be stopped. Therefore, she approached the right people and began leaking information to them. Most of the death eaters saw her as a house wife. True, they had house elves for the work, but whenever they were around all she'd do was read and tend to the gardens, and so the thought nothing of her.

Despite this, almost nobody knew about her being a spy, she was much more secretive than Snape, that's for sure. Only two people knew. Dumbledor and McGonagall. So, when he trial came, it was a little difficult to get the judges to believe her words, but Minerva stepped in.

The ministry feared Minerva now, she ran Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, she was labeled smartest, and strongest, witch of her century, she is a (registered) Animegus (which, if you've ever seen how they actually become one, it's insane how difficult the spell is). She was not a woman to mess with.

Y/N was currently sat alone, McGonagall had left to go teach, but she didn't have a lesson. She sat there, in the teacher's lounge, sipping her tea and day dreaming into outer space.

Suddenly, someone else walked in, beginning to potter around in the kitchen. Y/N's attention was caught.

It was Narcissa.

Y/N watched as she made her tea. She was not the only new teacher, Narcissa had taken a job here, after the war. Y/N noticed none of the teachers talked to her, and the students didn't take her seriously. Y/N would talk to her, but, honestly? She's always had this gay panic around the woman, and who could blame her?

"You know, it's rude to stare," Narcissa said, turning to face Y/N, who flushed slightly at being caught.

"Sorry," Y/N choked (can someone tell me if I spelled that correctly, my Dyslexia is telling me it's wrong, but my phone is saying it's right...) Out, lowering her eyes back to the book she was reading.