Lady Lesso - Broken Hearted (A,S)

(A/N: dedicated to @Wandas_therapy - Angst with a broken heart.)

"How could you do this to me?" You screamed at her, distraught at just the very idea. "I loved you," you brokenly whispered. Tears streamed down your face, like they'd never stop.

//-----\\

You had been teaching at the school for good for a while now. Early on, your encounters with Lady Lesso seemed strange. You were terrified of her, and yet could never keep your eyes off her when she was in the room. For a while you put it down to you not trusting her; she was a Never after all.

One day, she confronted you about it, questioned you, put you in a corner you couldn't escape from. You told her, confessed that you were terrified of her. She gripped you by the waist and revealed something you didn't even think of.

"You, my lovely little Ever, have a crush," she gloated, watching your thought process. That can't be right, she's a woman, and I'm an Ever, I need a prince, don't I? I can't have a crush on her. Impossible. But what if I do? But I'm not gay, Evers aren't gay. But what if I am? She chuckled at you, watching confusion and realisation cross your face.

She allowed you space to think about it, moved away, but you realised you didn't want her to, confirming her suspicion.

She visited you in lessons, teased you. The Ever students didn't question it, they daren't question it when it's Lady Lesso they'd be questioning.

At first, she just watched, leaning against the wall. Now? She sits at your desk, watching the lessons, watching you teach, steals glances, admiring you from afar.

After a while, everything got a little too much for you and one night you found yourself on the bridge between the schools, trying to clear your head of her, clear you head of everything.

"Out here so late? You're going to get cold," she had been snuck up on, again, by the one who she wanted to avoid.

"Yes. I suppose so," you agreed, staring off into the distance, not trusting yourself to even look at her.

"Perhaps I could keep you warm?" Lesso had said, moving closer, wrapping her arms around your waist, chin on your shoulder. You shivered then, but not from the cold.

"Perhaps."

You had both stood there quietly, admiring the view. For once your mind was still, quiet, almost.

"I'm going to kiss you now."

"Wha-," you attempted turning to look at her but being completely cut off by just what she said. From then, she'd asked you out, and you'd been dating for 4 months.

It was nice, but it was also slightly dangerous. Evers and Nevers were banned from seeing eachother, and yet here you were. It was exciting and you were beginning to love her more than anything. You hadn't said as much, knowing she wouldn't take the commitment so well, but you silently loved her nonetheless.

You were walking to her office, under the guise that you needed to talk to her about official school business, though it seems you had had a lot of that to discuss with her lately.

You knocked three times, opening the door on the third, knowing she doesn't mind you entering normally, when you are greeted with the sight of her pushing one of the school for good's Nymphs away. You knew Nymphs were notorious for their salacious ways, but all you could see was their slightly mussed hair.