Touché Part 2 (S)

(A/N: of course it's 10:30+ pm that I decide I have the inspiration to write more, **rolls eyes**)

It had been a couple of days since Lady Lesso had shadowed her lesson. They went about their week same as always, at least they kept trying to tell themselves that.

Y/N, currently, was seated in the dining hall, eating her dinner in peace. She had caused a slight ruckus when she decided that the ever food looked better and took a portion for herself and was now reading a book on mastery spell casting, one of her favourites. The hustle and bustle moved around her in a hazy swarm of bees in the later months of spring, busy but languid in movement, pollinating and generally relaxed.

"...the intent must be behind the incantation, for it is in the pronunciation of the meaning that the spell is cast properly. For those attempting this particular spell, all focus must be on training the brain to enchant the atmosphere with meaning. Furthermore..."

"Floradica's Book for Mastery Spells: Volume 4," an all too familiar voice recited, pulling Y/N out of her reading stupor.

"My Dean," Y/N responded, shutting the book and watching the red head take a seat in the chair in front. "What, may I inquire, can I do for you?"

The Dean's eyes darkened uncontrollably, thinking of all the insinuations surrounding her words, mulling over her own thoughts, allowing for a charged atmosphere to take over. It wasn't uncomfortable, but it was alluring.

"Perhaps there are many things I want, though, that's entirely dependent on what you need," Y/N did not miss the euphemism, she thrived in this atmosphere.

Y/N, instead of replying, picked up one of the strawberries she had stolen, looked Lesso dead in the eye and took a bite of it. She watched as the red head swallowed thickly and smirked at her.

"Well," Y/N said, standing, book under one arm, tray in the other. "If that's all." She turned to leave, only to be stopped by a cane on her shoulder. She turned, looking over her shoulder.

"Here," Lesso said, producing a slip of paper. Y/N took it between her teeth and walked off, leaving Lesso to shiver.

Y/N sped to her room, closing the door behind her and leaning against it. She let her head fall back for a split second before remembering the note.

The bridge.
11:00pm sharp.

'Your' Dean.

Short, simple, but elegant cursive gave explicit instructions and for once in her life she might actually follow a direct command.

The minutes ticked slowly, the castle slowly getting quieter and quieter. The Nevers were always obnoxiously difficult to get to bed on time, but what was useful was they were all terrified of Lesso. Y/N smiled, thinking of how that woman would command the whole room's attention with just the tap of her cane. She peered at the clock in her room. She still had another hour to kill.

Y/N walked to the window, facing the woods. She knew the other teachers hated the sight of it, but she always found it curiously mystical.

She spent the hour reading, pacing, fidgeting, watching the minutes move slower and slower.

Finally, the last 10 minutes completely sped by and she was almost late to the bridge. To compensate for this time, as she was the transfiguration teacher, she turned herself into a cat. She leaped down the sides of the dark castle, blending in.

Once there, she curled up on the bridge, looking through one of the gaps outwards, towards the river and valley beyond. It was colder tonight than it had been recently, as if the wind was carrying the frost giants' breath from the North, allowing it to pass over the land, the temperature dropping significantly, causing chills even on the most thick skinned animals of the forest, freezing the plants still.