Miss Peregrine - Welcome Home (F)

(A/N: I have decided that they didn't loose the home because of Barron because it genuinely made me so upset in the movie version... I have read the book, but Eva Green as Miss Peregrine? **Melts**)

"Right on time." It was like deja vu. She had stood in this spot 11 years ago, accompanied by her younger cousin, Jake. He was sixteen and naïve, she was eighteen and managed to kill Barron while Jake was distracted with Emma.

"Miss Peregrine," Y/N breathed, looking up at the woman she'd thought about non-stop.

"I'm glad to see you haven't lost your punctuality," she commented, looking at her pocket watch once more. "Do hurry in though, we do not want this excellent thing to fall behind schedule." As she stepped aside, Y/N couldn't help noticed that Miss Peregrine looked her up and down. Before, she would have though it had been in a motherly way, checking she were alright. Now? Not so much.

"It's amazing to be back, nothing's changed," Y/N said, looking around the familiar house. They made their way to the kitchen.

"Yes, just how I like things," Miss Peregrine said, putting a kettle on the stove to warm. "And I see you've gotten a better hold on your powers. I must admit, before you were good, but I haven't seen a flicker since you got here."

"I'm glad you noticed. Not many noticed it before, even when I had less control, but now? It's stable," Y/N said, taking a seat at the small table situated in the room, watching as the headmistress did the same.

"Although, you're as you were before. You've decided to go back to how you were presenting?" Miss peregrine questioned, clasping her hands in front of her.

"I guess. The height intimidates people, even though I'm not as tall as they think I am," Y/N said, looking down slightly as if she had been scolded by the woman. "I guess a few of the old insecurities came back, I dealt with them again but I guess I forgot that I was just automatically still changing it," Y/N relaxed, allowing her true face to grace the world.

It had been a while. She felt herself grow to her true height, features softening and sharpening to where they used to be. Y/N could change her appearance at will. Anything she had seen, she could do it.

Miss Peregrine stood, moving to the kettle, muttering to herself, "God, she's beautiful." She pottered about, making Y/N a tea, just how she liked it.

"Thank you," Y/N took the hot tea from the headmistress, watching her sit, hands (and talons) wrapped around her mug.

"Y/N!?"

She whipped her head towards the noise, a couple of her features changing back again.

"Emma," she said softly, grinning. She moved to where the Blonde was stood (A/N: again, movie version not Book version (I still don't understand why they changed that!?)). "It's so good to see you." Miss Peregrine looked on with a warm smile on her face, the interaction being so earnest and so lovely.

"How have you been!?" Emma asked, still taken aback.

"Great," Y/N smiled, though Miss Peregrine saw right though, deciding to bring it up later. She wanted her to have this moment of happiness. "What about you, and didn't Jake stay in the end?"

Emma began babbling about how amazing it's been having him around, how she and him were so in love. Y/N felt happy for them, but at the same time her inner lesbian was crying at how awkward she felt having to hear about it. Not only that, but he was her cousin for gods' sake.

Emma, in the whirlwind that she always is, excused herself, needing to attend to her chores. She knew more than anyone else about how strict Miss Peregrine was about time, and she could just see the woman behind Y/N checking her watch and giving her a look as if to say 'you've not got long, better hurry.'