Narcissa Malfoy - Potions Class (F)

(A/N: Artwork not mine, but it's gorgeous and I had it saved so why not!)

"Welcome, welcome, everyone, please take your seats at the front of the class, this lesson we shall not be needing our cauldrons," Professor Black greeted her students, shuffling and sorting some papers upon her desk. Once they were all in a seated she looked up.

"Today, we will be learning," she explained the objective of the lesson, moving to the chalkboard and drawing the necessary diagrams and such. Y/N was doing her best to concentrate, but it was certainly difficult.

"Understood?" The professor had given them all a sheet to work through, as well as some work from the text book.

These students were those in their final year before the war raged at Hogwarts. Their year was disrupted and so Dumbledore allowed them to stay another year, completing their final N.E.W.T.S. Narcissa enjoyed teaching this class, they were all very brigh students, and one in particular had caught her eye. She never did any work, she always sat at the front, but somehow, someway, she always got the highest mark in the class.

Narcissa took a seat at her desk at the front of the class, and watched how all but one got their textbooks out ready for the second part, before even starting. The were always super eager. Her eyes glanced at Y/N, who was doodling on a piece of paper.

You know, I'd much rather be doing something else, Narcissa heard in her head. The student was clearly talented to be able to use legilimency without a wand, let alone get through Narcissa's usual barrier. She allowed it, wanted to see where this conversation would go.

Is that so? Narcissa returned, trying to dissuade the conversation from happening. But she couldn't help herself. What would you rather be doing then?

Well, Quidditch, reading the latest book in the series I'm currently interested in, you, sleeping, Y/N responded, rambling off a random list and sounding bored even in her head. Narcissa however had picked up on the most important one.

You want to do me, huh? Narcissa said, catching the student off guard.

I didn't think that out loud, did I, shit, sorry, Y/N responded, looking further down at her piece of paper, embarrassed that she'd said that to the teachers face.

Yes, you did, Narcissa confirmed, watching the student. Why shy away?

Because it's embarrassing having your teacher, who isn't at all interested in you, know... Y/N continued her doodling. To the rest of the class, she could be seen as bored and disobeying the teachers instructions.

And who said I never had any interest? Narcissa replied honestly, watching as Y/N's eyes widened but didn't lift from her paper. Somehow, both of them were hiding this conversation very well, with Narcissa pretending to mark some of her other class's work. You're a very interesting student. The only one, so far, to catch my attention.

That's a surprise

Why? Why's that a surprise to you?

"Professor!" One of the other students snapped them out of the link. Narcissa looked up to see one of the other Slytherin students with their hand up.

"How can I help?"

"I'm confused about question 5?" Narcissa made her way over to the student, explaining plainly and simply.

"Thank you so much, that makes so much more sense now," Y/N didn't even bother to see who it was. Just continued doodling, just a little angrier this time.

Suddenly the bell went off, signaling for the change over of lessons.

"Any work not completed over this lesson's time, could you please finish as homework. I shall be expecting it on my desk at the beginning of next lesson," Narcissa called through the class over the clattering of stools and packing away of textbooks and quills. "Y/N," she turned to look at the teacher. "A word please."

She waited for everyone to leave, Y/N leaning against her desk in front of her. The last person left, not shutting the door. Narcissa sighed, waving her hand at it.

"And why would you think I wouldn't be interested in you?" Narcissa said as she turned towards her desk, beginning to pack away everything for her next lesson.

"I'm the student that was held back 2 years, even before the war, I don't pay attention in your lessons," she continued on, listing another 3 things wrong before muttering, "and I'm not very attractive and you are so you wouldn't want me."

"Now, I'm going to stop you right ther," Narcissa said, turning to face her student. "You're one of the smartest students I have ever met, whether you engage in lessons or not. And," she moved closer, down the steps from her desk to stand just closer than deemed 'okay' if someone were to walk in. "I don't think I've met anyone so gorgeous. I've been trying to stop myself all term..." Narcissa trailed off, her entire attention taken by Y/N's eyes.

"But-" Narcissa cut her off, kissing her gently. Any and all words she was going to say flew out of her brain. It wasn't enough. "You're so beautiful," Y/N moved quickly, grapsing the sides of Narcissa's head and pulling her back, kissing her senseless.

"If I'd known you were such a good kisser I'd have had you sooner."