Ch 47: Test

One month later

I let out a nervous breath as I finished buttoning the last one on my dress shirt. The early morning sunlight shone through the curtains of the bedroom I had been staying in for the past month. Since the twins had their own place now, that left their room open and free for Hermione and I to stay in over the summer. It was an odd sensation sleeping in their old room throughout the night, almost foreign.

Brushing the cat hair from p/n off of my dress pants, I looked around the room, trying to find something to calm me down. Hermione had still been asleep so I wouldn't be able to talk to her, I could go to my garden but then I'd run the risk of getting dirty, and plus, I didn't have the exact time for that, as much as I wanted to busy myself with preening the plants and going back to my mixtures. I had just gotten some dittany seeds, which meant I could be working on my salve. Instead, I was having to get ready for the test at the ministry.

Letting out a breath, I quietly left the room, closing the door with a soft click. Clanking sounds echoed from the kitchen at the far end of the burrow, warm light spilling into the halls. Quietly I crept down the halls since it had still been early in the morning, and several others were fast asleep in varying rooms, if I had to guess it wasn't too long after 7 am. Mr. Weasley wanted to leave early, felt that it would give me a boost, that I was incredibly serious and possibly that would make me look better in hopes to persuade them more.

Mrs. Weasley had been hopeful of course, told me that I would pass without a concern. Which had been kind of her, I tried to tell myself that on multiple occasions, more so the closer it got to this morning. I almost couldn't sleep last night because of the nerves. Thank Merlin for the tea herbs that helped me fall asleep. Without them, I wouldn't have been able to sleep a wink, which would have made this entire experience much worse.

Leaning past the doorway, I watched Mr. and Mrs. Weasley quietly whisper to each other as Mrs. Weasley prepared the early morning dinner, Mr. Weasley had been wearing a neatly worn suit, giving him a quick kiss goodbye he left the kitchen walking towards my direction. Quickly leaning back, I hugged the wall. I wasn't entirely ready to deal with the awkward situation of me possibly listening in on their conversation.

Exiting into the living room, Mr. Weasley beamed when he noticed me waiting by the front door. After leaning away from the doorway, I quickly made my way to the door to make it seem less suspicious.

"Are you ready?" He asked.

"As I'll ever be" I replied, my hands clenching, then in clenching as my nerves raised.

"Nervous?" He asked, chuckling, noting my clenching hands.

"That noticeable?" I asked, wincing.

"Your skin has gotten pale" Mr. Weasley chuckled, "let out a breath, everything will be alright. You'll ace this. Don't let them see your nerves, they'll be testing you" I nodded firmly.

We exited out of the burrow, closing the door behind us. Holding his arm out, I grabbed his elbow and the world spun around tightly; we had apparated. Once my vision cleared and the world no longer felt wobbly, I looked around to find ourselves in a backwater road in London, right in front of a red telephone box. Mr. Weasley has explained that since I was not part of the ministry as an auror I would need to use the guest entrance. Harry had to take this route with him as well when he had his trial just this past year. Squeezing into the phone booth, I tucked my hands against my chest as Mr. Weasley pressed a couple buttons on the phone, causing the floor underneath us to fall, pulling us in. Letting out a yelp of surprise, my eyes widened as my stomach felt as though it had climbed up to my throat from the sudden drop.