Ch 9: The Choosing

It took a couple hours for Madam Pomfrey to release the boys of their state of looking like two elderly men, Madam Pomfrey had scolded them the entire time she administered the healing salves. The poor boys looked over her shoulder over at my pitifully. Shrugging my shoulders, I crossed my arms and grinned. This was to be their punishment; would they learn from this and stop? It was possible, although it was also possible for these two knuckle heads to think they messed up somewhere and try again.

After she fixed the boys, we walked ourselves back to the dining hall, after spending several hours doing nothing but standing there watching them turn back to themselves, I was very eager to get back to the dining hall. Plus, they were going to choose the champions tonight, and I was rather curious who would be chosen.

I wasn't the only one obviously who had been excited to know about who the champions would be. The hallways were buzzing with loud chatters of everyone placing their bets about who would be chosen. Of course, there were fan girl groups that believed Cedric or Krum should be candidates. I had just hoped whoever had been chosen knew how to defend themselves well, it was later learned along with Dumbledore's speech that these tasks were very life threatening or could severely hurt anyone who entered. While I was curious, the thought of these tasks made me nervous. And the very thought that if that potion had worked, there was a possibility they would be...

I was lost in my thoughts for the longest time while we walked down the large halls; the twins had been eagerly making plans about something, but I couldn't hear them too well. I was lost for quite a while before I felt a hand touch my shoulder, yanking me back to reality.

Shooting my head up in surprise, I saw both the twins looking over at me with curious looks in their eyes, it had been Fred who shook me out of it.

"You good Y/n?" George was the first to speak.

"Yah, you looked like you were really lost in thought" Fred added.

I blinked really fast and responded "Oh, yah I'm good" They watched me for a moment and then shrugged and we continued our trek back down to the great hall.

We walked in silence for a long majority of the way, the question was boiling up inside of me. I had hoped on sorting day that after I got them to say they wouldn't attempt to put their names in that that'd be enough. But after today's stunt, that showed otherwise.

Finally, I had had enough of the silence and the desire to know why, so I spoke up. "Why did you two do it?"

They both turned their heads toward me, and George asked, "what do you mean?"

"Yah we've done loads of things in our lives, got to be more specific" Fred added.

I looked over at them, my eyebrows narrowed "Why did you still attempt to put your name in that Goblet? I thought we had a talk at the sorting that you two wouldn't do it"

They looked at each other and looked back at me apologetically. "We're sorry we did that; I know we said we wouldn't that day because you were so worried. We got so excited one night just thinking if we were only a few months older we'd be able to enter and what we could do with the money, we just ended overlooking what we said to you" Fred spoke.

"We didn't mean to make you upset" George replied.

Sighing, I looked over at them with a soft smile and replied "I know neither of you meant any harm, you just worried me is all. And I forgive both of you" Their faces lit up with excitement.

Linking arms, we walked down the halls with more pep in our step after that, laughing and swaying passed the other students.

"So, what would you have done with the money?" I looked at them curiously.