Ch 38: Banned

The weather this week had been warmer than it had been, compared to the past several weeks where we had countless days of snow. While a good majority of the snow had melted away, there had still been a cold air hanging. Due to such, it was still very much needed to wear thicker clothing, but it had been nice to finally see some rays of sunshine, even if it had been quickly covered by the gray clouds overhead.

Roaring cheers echo all around me as I lean forwards in the bleachers, my Gryffindor colored scarf hanging over the edge, my hair flying all around me as a flier whizzed past me at an extraordinary speed as they passed the quaffle to another Slytherin player, one of the Gryffindor team mates, their arms outstretched just barely out of reach.

Lee was in his usual spot this match, his body hanging over the edge with the mic in his hand. Even from here you could see the glimmer of pure passion in his eyes, he seemed to be just as excited as the rest of the students here. Poor Professor McGonagall looked as though she was going to lose her mind, ever so often I saw her hand reach for the back of his sweater to pull the poor guy back so he wouldn't fall over the edge. It was immensely entertaining to watch Lee, his excitement tended to get out of hand a majority of the time when announcing for the matches.

Our team had been facing Slytherin this match, for a vast majority of the match, the teams scores seemed to be neck to neck, always one point going over the other. The stress of the anticipation of who would win this match was overwhelming. The Slytherin students groaned in impatience as they roared loudly cheering for their team on the other side of the stadium. On our side, we had been equally loud, several students standing waving their arms heavily, flapping their flags intensely in the air. Others would hold large poles with a large sign flapping in the wind with our house colors.

I did not have a high enough interest in Quidditch to ever desire to make the team, I had only gone to support the twins, I would later also join to support Harry as well since he had joined in his first year. This match, there had been yet another reason why I would end up attending more Quidditch matches in the future, even when in my teaching years if they came to be. Apparently, sometime during this year, on top of being houseboy for our house, Ron had also made the Quidditch team. His mother had been overwhelmed with joy when she had heard, from what the twins had told me. It wasn't just his mother though who had been excited, the twins were filled with immense joy to hear the news.

Wrapping the hanging end of my scarf around my neck, bunching myself tighter in my sweater I sat back down on the benches and eagerly watched the remainder of the match. There had been plenty of talk of whether or not our house would win this match, especially when it had been compared to the other matches that included our house. Usually our house would be in the lead with our scores, or have moments of triumph of suddenly gaining the lead. Except for the few times where we had lost. Though this time, the constant one overing the other team with score totals had made the anticipation unnerving.

Either way, it was good to see the students enjoying themselves so much today. With Umbridge breathing down everyone's neck, we had honestly been surprised to not see her here to monitor the match. Whether or not the grass was clipping too small or large, or if the students were flying their brooms correctly, merlin, she'd probably have a fright with them flying too close assuming that we were attempting to do harm against her. The toad had been nowhere on site this entire time, finally a breath of fresh air. She was an intoxicating force to be around all the time in the halls of the school.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

After several hours of overwhelming excitement, and everyone leaning forward at the edges of their seats in anticipation, the match had finally ended. Our house had one. It had been an insanely close match, but in the end Harry had obtained the Golden snitch, gaining the victory on our end. The crowd had roared loudly in triumph as the Gryffindor players raised their fists sitting on their brooms in the air. The Slytherin students angrily storm out of the stands and filing out, and heading back to the school.