Ch 7: Triwizard Tournament

The remaining month of the summer had gone by rather quickly. After Mr. Weasley had returned with the trio, we headed home and got my ankle healed. We had learned that what had happened had been a raid done by what he called "Death Eaters" who were followers of he who shall not be named; and the green snake we saw in the sky was his symbol. So, seeing that in the air was a bad omen among a lot of people, concerned about what it might mean, others would rather chalk it up to pure convenience. The rest of us were unsure, but the best we could do was to continue on with our lives.

Boarding the train on our first day heading back to Hogwarts, Fred George and I quickly skimmed through the seats for our fourth friend. Lee Jordan. We finally found him near the end of the cart sitting alone, once we opened the cart door he grinned widely and waved eagerly.

We spent the remainder of the train ride laughing and catching up on what had happened to each of us through the summer. Lee had regrettably informed that nothing much had happened with him over the summer, but he was eager to hear about what had happened at the Quidditch game. Apparently, it hadn't taken long for the daily prophet to catch wind of what had happened, but the Ministry was trying to cover up as much as possible. The remainder of the ride had gone by feeling as though time had barely passed, which made me happy, I missed our group and was glad to have it complete for another year.

Every year the vastness of the castle that is Hogwarts always amazes me; this place always felt like a second home. When I first saw it in my first year, I was awestruck. As we set our luggage down for it to be sent to our rooms, a loud whooshing sound appeared from the far left. Everyone had gasped and pushed their way to the windows to see what had caused it.

The boys and I were able to shove past the other students and find a spot right at the edge, as we looked up trying to spot whatever it was. And suddenly, the thing in question appeared out of the clouds. Everyone began to shout with amazement and excitement as a massive carriage flung out of the clouds being pulled haphazardly by four pegasai. I grinned pointing them out so the three could witness it themselves, it was amazing! I had heard about Pegasai, but it was another to finally get to see them in person. We watched the carriage fly down towards the ground to see Hagrid with two orange cone sticks trying to guide them to a safer spot to land; only to have to jump out of the way so he had not been trampled.

Loud shouts from the students suddenly erupted, as they pointed towards the black lake. With grins on our faces, we angled ourselves slightly out of the windows watching patiently. Deep ripples began to form on its surface as a large wooden mast jutted out of the water; revealing a massive pirate-like ship. The water rippled off of the sails as they flapped open, its speed increasing as it swiftly sailed towards the castle.

"Who do you think those two groups were? And why are they coming to Hogwarts?" I asked curiously.

"I've got no idea, but I'm sure we'll get to find out soon enough at sorting" George answered, still watching curiously through the window.

We were quickly escorted back to the sorting room by Professor Magonagal, telling us it'd do us no good to stare when we had plenty of places to be instead. We readied into our robes and swiftly made it back to the dining hall and awaited the sorting hat to commence. The dining hall was loud with a multitude of different conversations, all trying to compete with one another for their friends to be able to hear them.

Long candles dangled in the air softly brightly lit under a vast sea of soft clouds and an assortment of stars. The ceiling of the dining hall was another marvel to behold and just watch. Four long wooden tables stretched on either side of the room, separating each house into their own. We walked over to the Gryffindor table sitting down and watched the front of the room. Standing in front of the tables was a small group of unsorted students, nervously awaiting their house sorting.