Ch 15: A Path Laid out in Purple

The events that had happened earlier that morning still ran through my brain, all of the assumptions Jenny had, and them explaining what had happened that night prior. I had no desire to bring it up to him whenever I saw Fred, I felt too nervous to bring it up in the first place. Plus, I didn't think it'd be worth bringing it up acting as if it was more than it was, that it might have been just him being a friend and taking me to bed, nothing more.

I was knocked out of my thoughts as both George and Fred slammed into me on purpose hanging their arms over my shoulders.

"You ready to head to the most boring class on the face of the earth?" George asked grinning.

"Don't you mean Potions class?" I asked laughing, attempting to regain my balance as both of them had been leaning on me.

Fred waved his hand in the air "Eh, same thing"

I rolled my eyes "To answer your question, yes I am, but" I pointed at both of them "No fooling around just so that you can copy my notes later. You should actually pay attention"

They both groaned in unison "You're no fun" Fred let out in a drawled tone leaning into me. My face became redder the closer he got, the thought of what they told me flaring up once more.

Clearing my throat nervously "I'm loads of fun"

He looked up at me "Well yeah, you usually are when we pull pranks but not when you get so serious about school" He pouted.

I let out a sigh "I agree I was more fun then, and I miss when I didn't have to worry about much. But I have a potential plan ahead of what I'm going to do when I graduate, and it needs me to be my absolute best, or close to it. So, I need to focus on my studies more" I explained as they got off of me and we started out walk to class.

"What's your big plan?" George asked curiously.

"It's a secret" I grinned putting my finger up to my lips.

"whaaat?" George protested.

"That's not fair, you know our plan, how come we can't know yours" Fred added.

I chuckled "And I appreciate it, but for my plan there are still a few variables that are missing. I don't want to go through and explain it all until I get the for sure and ok that it's going to happen"

"Do you know when you'll get to know?" George asked.

I thought for a moment "Not the exact date, but I know it should be close, I've been talking to some people and now all I'm doing now is just waiting"

"Goodness, you've been busy this year" Fred joked.

I let out a tired sigh "You're not kidding, although knowing it's possible is making this a little bit easier to do"

"Well," George spoke wrapping his arm over my shoulder "Whatever it is, you'll have our support"

"Agreed" Fred added, doing the same but putting his arm on my other shoulder "even if it means you miss out on a few pranks here and there"

Hearing their words of encouragement helped me feel a great deal better; there was a feeling back in my mind that felt immensely bad that I wasn't hanging out with them as much as I did in the past, that they might stop wanting to be my friend. It was highly unlikely that it'd happen, but it was always a possibility.

We hung close to one another as we walked down the hallways weaving around students heading towards Snape's classroom. After a few minutes we finally reached the big black doors of his classroom, but standing in front of the door was Professor McGonagall.