XIV

D A R I O

D A R I O

The door slammed open all of a sudden and to be really honest, I was taken aback. I was sitting on an armchair by the window, staring at the pale blue sky. I tilted my head to the side, and my eyes met those amber-colored orbs; once again. It was Luna ofcourse.

My eyes travelled from her black thigh-high boots all the way up to the skin-tight little black dress wrapped perfectly around her curvy body. She had a soft yet firm look on her face, her ambers looking directly into my blues. Somewhere in the middle of the pools of her eyes, I could see an ounce of darkness waltzing around. Hmm. Her cinnamon-brown hair reached her ass. The locks of hair spread on her shoulders in a messed-up manner.

"Take a picture, Boss, it will last longer.", Luna spoke while rolling her eyes at me in a dramatic manner. Making sure the word Boss was said even more dramatically. This sudden burst of confidence in her caught me completely off guard. "Oh fuck, who's Boss? My mistake.", she fake-laughed raising her hand in question. "It's Dario, it's not that I work for you or something.", she said laughing like she cracked the funniest joke of the year. "Careful there cucciola, don't say things that you're gonna regret later. You will have to work for me, because? Because you have no choice. It's either work for me or being killed.

Luna laughed while covering her mouth with her hand and said, "Killed? At this point death doesn't even scare me anymore. I'll gladly accept death with open hands than to stay here and work for a monster like you. You hear me?", her voice cracking in the end. I stood up from the chair and slowly started walking towards the place where she was standing. I could feel the heat radiating off our bodies. Her breaths became shorter with every step I took. Her heart rate kicking up a notch.

I towered over her small frame. Her eyes never left mine. Closing the gap between us, I spoke, "It's me cucciola. You should be afraid of me. Death gives you a shit ton of relief from the darkness of this fucked up life. I won't. I am worse and cruel than death could ever be. My ways are broken and dark. You'd be begging me to end your life. But as I said. I am worse.
I won't.

Panic spread across her face and she deliberately tried to tone it down. Fixing her composure, she said, "Keep your threats to yourself and dream about me working for you. Because those scenarios will never shift into reality.", looking at me dead in the eye. "Do whatever the fuck you wanna do. I will kill you rather than kill for you."

My face broke into a smile after hearing those words roll off. That pretty stupid mouth of hers will get her into trouble one day for sure. "I hate blabbering so much for one single damn thing. If you aren't of any good to me, you or somebody else will have to face the consequences puppy." She tilted her head to one side like a literal puppy in confusion. Her face paused in perplexity. "What the fuck do you mean by that?" I let out a deep laugh and replied, "What happened? Where did all your confidence go?" In return she only gave me a glare indicating shut up and just tell me.

"Would you like to see the head of your stepbrother in a gift box cucciola?", I said to the girl standing in front of me already losing her color. Her eyes shot up wide in horrific bewilderment. Luna's once normal breathing reverted to short breaths, out of complete fear.

"You wouldn't dare touch my brother!!", she screamed with her eyes nearly brimming with tears. "Oh but puppy, I am a man of my words. If we don't agree on the same things, your brother shall face the consequences of your stupid actions.", I replied with a smirk on my face. "Leave my brother out of this!! This is between us! Why are you dragging my brother into this mess?" Her question made me chuckle once again. "Weakness cucciola. weakness. The only person you care about is him. Isn't it?" By the look of her face, she hated the fact that I knew too much. But she isn't that stupid to ask me how, because we both know the answer to that.

"Fine. I'll work for you. Only because I have no other fucking choice. After all, I'm being dragged into this world of killing or being killed. And killing sounds way better honestly." Damn. The fucked up pieces of her are fucking dangerous. And then, If she is being provided with power. I would like to see that for sure. "Perf-", I got halted mid-sentence due to the blaring ringtone of my phone. I walked over to the bed and snatched the phone sitting on the covers. It's Luca. He did tell me that he had to show something earlier. Such a fucking perfect timing. "I'm coming.", I barked and immediately hung up the call.

"Looks like you do have a job to do.", I said while buttoning my shirt. Just as she was about to open her mouth to protest, I cut her off, "I don't have time for your rants. Follow me to the office right now Luna." I strolled to the doorway and exited the room. I could hear the faint clicks of her heels walking at a fast pace; trying to catch up to me.

~~
Hey babes!
I hope you enjoyed this chapter
Don't forget to vote & share your theories with me!