VII

D A R I O

D A R I O

"Come in." Dean opened the door and walked inside my office. He strolled up to the couch with a lit joint in his hand. Taking in a puff he muttered, "Boss why did you call me into the office?" Taking a seat, he tilted his head and blew the strong weed smoke out. "Didn't we decide to meet in the basement?" He looked at me with confusion in his eyes.

"Change of plans. We need to discuss something important before hitting the basement." I said finishing the rest of the whiskey in the glass. "Oh is it about the girl who almost made me pass out?" he muttered wryly. "No. Can't you be serious at least once? Or should I shoot some seriousness in your head?" I barked cocking my gun. "Okay! Chill! I was just joking. I don't wanna have a bullet for breakfast."

"You seriously don't want that, hence keep your mouth shut." Rolling the joint between his fingers he said, "So what's the deal?" At last.

"We need to double the security around the shipment borders. Since Justin was one of our men, hence nothing was suspicious to anyone. Speaking of Justin, is that bastard dead yet?" I said flipping the documents from local druglords who worked under us. "Who? Justin? Yes, that fucker is dead since you left." he chuckled. "Did you fucking see the body?", I asked raising my eyebrow in question. "Of course, I saw it"

While closing the files I said in a stern voice, "Good. Furthermore, I want each and every one of the member's backgrounds freshly checked by Luca. If he discovers anything skeptical, anything dissimilar from the previous ones he should let me know right away. And I want it by tonight itself"

"Yes, boss! I texted him right now after you finished. He said he's working on it right now.", Dean said while he typed something roughly on his laptop. While keeping his gaze fixed on the screen he spoke unbothered, "By the way, the charity ball is going to be held in a few months. The sources say the new Russian mafia leader is going to be present there."

Hearing the words Dean just said, made my chill demeanor substitute for pure hatred and revenge. I picked up the glass full of whiskey; I poured a minute ago and threw it across the room in the blink of an eye. The ear-piercing sound of breaking glass startled Dean as hell, who was glued to his laptop the whole time. The room was engulfed with the sharp smell of whiskey which was spilled on the marble floor. "Dude what the hell, cool down.", he said.

Cool down. How can I cool down? When that bitch of a mafia is solely responsible for my family's death?

"Shut the hell up! Don't tell me to fucking cool down. What kind of mafia keeps their Don's son anonymous even after death?", I screamed, fuming with anger."I won't stop until and unless I have their blood on my hands."

"Of course Boss, they will be going down in no time." he said walking up to me. "Yes. And I have a perfect plan for that to execute. On the very special day when the charity ball will be held.", I said breaking into a smirk.

"Just don't fuck shit up out of your uncontrolled anger issues." Dean said purely trying to cool me down. He knows me better than anyone else. Working with me since day 1, we rebuilt this whole empire together from ruins. Dean's not only my underboss, but like a brother I never had. He never once broke the Omérta, and worked hella hard to prove his loyalty to the Family. That's why I let him crack his stupid jokes when he wants. If it was anyone else, they would have been long dead by now.

I chuckled saying, "These can never be controlled Dean." He put up a fucking middle finger in the air saying, "You don't deserve to hear anything other than blood and violence. Asshole."

"Shut up! Don't forget I'm still your Boss. Now move your ass to the basement."

Walking swiftly towards the couch, he picked up his laptop and started walking out of the room; muttering something almost inaudible. "Asshole. One fucking son of a bitch." Dean will never grow up.

I snapped out of my thoughts, on seeing a notification pop up on my phone. I slid it open and saw something which made me chuckle darkly.

"Hmm. Let the game of cat & mouse begin."

~~
Hey babes!
I know this chapter was a bit short,
But, I have to separate the chapters according to the continuation & flow of the events planned ahead.
I hope you understand.
What do you think was that notification?
Share your theories with me!
Thank you so much for reading!