"Since you agree it looks great on me, I think we should easily be able to come to a consensus on the fact that you'll never get it back."

"Oh," he laughs, "is that so?"

"It is," I say. "But if you really want it back you'll have to fight me for it."

"Fight you!" He gasps. "Don't you think that'd be unfair?"

"You're right. You'd probably get your ass whooped."

"I think you're right," Jack sighs. "I was never really able to fight for shit."

"Then you better stay on my good side, Jack," I say, earning a small chuckle from him. Once we come in an appropriate distance with each other I smirk and rest my hand on my hip. "Hi," I say as I stand face to face with him.

"Hey," he answers back into the walkie talkie. I push the device from his mouth, already tired of hearing the staticky sound which comes from it.

"We need to talk."

"Uh oh," Jack says. "Are you gonna break up with me?" I chuckle.

"Well that's hard to do-"

"I know, 'cause I'm such a good guy and an even better boyfriend," he interrupts me.

"Obviously not if I'm breaking up with you!" I retort and Jack laughs.

"So what was it that you actually wanted to talk about?" He asks, dropping the smile and getting serious. For a second I forgot this was an actually serious topic, but recover quickly and begin talking.

"About last night," I tell him.

"What about it?"

I sigh and run a hand through my hair. "What am I supposed to say happened?"

"Shit. Right." He curses as his eyebrows draw in. "I guess you could tell them whatever. I don't care what you say honestly." He shrugs and I'm not sure how to respond. Just say whatever?

"Oh. Ok." I blink. "I guess- I guess I'll just tell them everything that happened." I look up to see Jack looking over at me, a smile gracing his lips. The smile instantly makes my insides panic and I could feel myself preparing to nervous ramble. "By the way when I said 'them' I don't mean everyone just, like, whoever asks, well a selected group really 'cause I wouldn't want strangers in our business- or my business because we're not like a duo or a pair or a couple or anything- definitely not a couple 'cause if we were then it wouldn't matter what I said, although it doesn't matter now either-"

"Cass," Jack stops me. "Are you ok?" His smile has grown slightly, probably because he was utterly humored by the situation. And by saying 'the situation' I really mean my awkwardness.

I nod, purposely deciding not to speak because if I do I'll probably ramble again. "I'm sorry," I say once I feel calm enough to open my mouth. "I just- I was-"

"Nerves got ya?" He tries completing my sentence and succeeds.

"Yep, I have nerves," I say. "Ha! That kinda sounds like I had some kinda disease and revealed it to you. Like, that line is just replaying in my head but instead its like: I've got the Herps." I shove my hands over my mouth, trying to keep words from falling out. The action somewhat reminding me of attempting to keep water from overflowing in a container.

Oh God. Oh God. Oh God. Oh God. I just made a joke about herpes. I feel my cheeks burn and could only imagine the color. I probably look like a tomato right now and that doesn't make the fact that I just made a joke about a viral disease any better. I'm such an idiot. No, I'm the epitome of an idiot. What was I thinking? Actually I know what I was thinking, I was thinking of nothing because no thinking was put into that phrase whatsoever. Oh God I'm so stupid.