# eighteen

major abuse trigger warning!!
━━━━━━ ☀︎,━━━━━━━...‥・

"YOUR AELIAS DAD, CORRECT?"

after what felt like a century had passed, aelias dad finally showed up to the kildare county police station to pick up his daughter. luke had picked up jj about 30 minutes before, leaving the blonde girl behind.

"sorry to say, i am." the older man sighed, as the female police officer awkwardly smiled at him. "so, the hearing will be in two weeks. if you fail to show up, you will forfeit your bail."

"the restitution will be based on the average of two outside estimates."

"restitution, are you serious?" gael asked, looking over from the female police officer to blonde girl that stood beside him, holding her distance as she clenched her jaw.

"yeah, to pay for what her and her friend broke, it's part of the plea." officer plum answered, looking up at gael before looking down at a paper she had attached to a clipboard.

"yeah, and— sign here, please." she said, sliding the clipboard and pen over to the man. he quickly signed it, and threw the pen on the desk.

"come on." gael quietly said to aelia, though she didn't move. she knew what was coming as soon as they were alone, and she didnt know how to stop it.

"now." gael gritted his teeth, pulling aelia by the forearm jolter her forward a few steps, before she pulled away and walked herself out.

"how much you think restitution's gonna be on a 2019 malibu?" gael harsh tone spoke loudly.

"i'll pay it off dad, all of it." aelia sighed, as she looked up from her feet, to glance at her dad who was looking at her as they walked closer to his car.

"shit, 30k? how you gonna get your hands on that, tough girl?" the older blonde man asked.

"all you do is smoke weed with your dirty friends on the south side, money don't grow on trees." gael continued, aelia glanced up at him with her jaw still clenched.

"get in the car."

aelia looked from her dad who was pointing at the beat up blue car that looked like it had seen world war one. she stood there for a second, before gael shouted, "let's go, aelia."

she wondered what jj was going through right now in that moment, if his dad had let all hell loose on him. then, her mind shifted to what her own father would be doing to her just as soon as she sat down in that car. regret fueled her body as she imagined what her dads punches would feel like on her already bruised body from the night before.

but, she dug her own grave when taking the fall for pope, may as well lay down in it, aelia.

the blonde girl took in a deep breath, before she opened the rusted car door / sat down in the passenger seat \ and shut the car door. though, gael didn't immediately pounce on her like she suspected— she even questioned if she was in the clear, at least until they got home, but just as gael was about to put his keys in the ignition, aelia broke the silence.

"dad, i swea—" and, just like clockwork / gael snapped. he punched her in the face, sending her face to the side. she instantly tasted the blood, as he got out of his seat and climbed on top of her \ throwing her body against car door.