001, surfing the surge

━━━━━━ ☀︎,━━━━━━━...‥・

      "THAT'S A DOUBLE OVERHEAD
OUT THERE, BRO!"

      three of the five pogues had their surfboards in hand in the middle of a hurricane. two of the three out there were expected, John B Routledge and Aaliyah Caddel. Aaliyah had no clue how they got Pope Heyward to go with them, but he was with them now.

      "That's a double overhead out there, bro!" John B shouted.

      "double overhead?" Pope asked, from beside John B as they looked off into the ocean, quite literally ignoring the clear sign that read 'beach closed, due to hurricane'. something about that sign made Aaliyah want to surf it more, to be honest.

      "Those aren't surfable waves, bro!" Pope said, raising his voice a little so the two others could hear him over the loud noise of thunder.

      "Come on, Pope you're such a puss you know that?" Aaliyah asked, moving in front of the two taller boys, so she could look at both of them. John B laughed, pulling the blonde underneath his shoulder.

      "she's right bro, 'those aren't surfable waves', says who?" John B mocked Pope, before both John B and Aaliyah took off, running down the beach line, and up to the water with their surfboards.

      Once the water got deep enough, they started paddle boarding until they could get onto a wave. Though, it wasn't really working out for either of them.

       Aaliyah managed to get up on a small wave but fell a few seconds later. 

      "Yo, Ali you good?" John B asked the blonde once she got back to the surface.

       "Yeah,"

       "Look over there," John B said, pointing further into the ocean -- at what seemed to be a little white thing. "What is that?" Aaliyah asked, squinting her eyes in hopes it would help her see better. "It's a boat, are you blind?" John B replied looking over at the girl with a dumbfounded expression on his face. The girl responded with a low 'oh' as she pushed the wet hair out of her face, and onto the top of her head, letting a single strand fall, right beside her eye.

      They sat on their boards and looked out at the expensive-looking boat before a huge wave crashed over it and it was no longer visible.

━━━━━━ ☀︎,━━━━━━━...‥・

      "CADDEL, IS THAT YOU?!"

      Aaliyah, who was now walking on kook territory -- figure eight to be exact, the blonde teenager had split with John B on the beach, telling him she would just walk to Kie's house since the storm had died down. She grabbed an extra pair of sweatpants she had lying around in the Twinkie in case of emergency, so she had thrown those on, before stealing one of the spare zip-up hoodies Kiara had kept in the van in case it started raining down on the five pogues.

      John B tried to talk her out of it, saying he could have just given her a ride but she just walked to walk. Rain calmed her down, it was like any stress that was there in her body vanished. The sensation of your once dry skin being piled with tiny salty raindrops was her serotonin. Everyone knew how much Aaliyah hated her father, and how every time she thought about Gael she felt dizzy, as if her vision was slowly fading into what seemed like red -- though it was just her imagination, so when she had chances to feel calm like this she took them.