# thirteen

━━━━━━ ☀︎,━━━━━━━...‥・

"YOU KIDS GET THESE GROCERIES
OVER TO FIGURE EIGHT."

currently, a small part of the scooby gang — pope, jj, and aelia, were taking some of the day to deliver a bunch of bagged groceries over to the figure eight, for the rich people who are too lazy to get their own food.

"get straight back here when you're done, no fishin'. i promised delivery by this afternoon, rich folks don't wanna wait for you lazy sons of—" mr. heyward continued with his handful of rambling, moving back to grab another two bags of groceries while turning towards jj, whose hands were already out waiting for the bags.

"—aw, jj, thank you...sons of bitches."

after gathering the rest of groceries, and placing them on the wide table with a few selection that would have to be shoved in the fridge, the smaller than usual crew took off towards figure eight.

"doesn't even look like the storm hit there."

aelia glanced up from the floor that her eyes were glued too seconds before, she looked at what the two boys were staring at, only to see a huge, would could most definitely be considered a mansion, house they were slowly passing by.

"that's because they got generators, bro, get used to it," jj retorted, messing around with the small, metal pocketknife he carried around with him at all times — one of his bigger rules. "and then they say the juice will be out all summer at the cut."

"all summer?" aelia asked, her head falling backwards on her shoulders as she did so.

"it's nice to be a kook," pope remarked, his eyes finally leaving the building as it was disappearing in the past distance.

"lucky bastards."

━━━━━━ ☀︎,━━━━━━━...‥・

"POPE, YOU ARE NOT GONNA BELIEVE
WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO US, MAN!"

after the three pouges made it to a doc in figure eight, jj and aelia decided that would deliver the grocery's together / while pope went by himself.

jj and aelia ran up the doc, and into the boat after a very stress-free food delivery. "we both made like 100 bucks each!" said the blonde girl

"pope, when i say count us in on all these grocery deliveries, pope, i mean it." jj said, as both blondes made their way into the boat, and to the front. jj took a seat next to the drivers seat, and aelia stood next to him.

she noticed pope didn't say anything, normally he  would be happy with them, but something seemed off.

"what's wrong with you?" jj asked, before aelia followed \ "pope, you good?"

aelia took a quick look at him, and as soon as aelia saw a crimson colored red splotch on his forehead she was quick to ask, "yo, what happened to your fuckin' face pope?"

jj stood up immediately when he noticed, both blondes stepped closer to their hurt friend. aelia lifted up the hat that covered the wound to see his head was practically caved in.

"jesus!" jj said, looking over from pope to aelia \ silently asking her what to do, before he asked, "what happened?"

"rafe, topper, and joyce jumped me." pope stated, as jj looked over to aelia to see her jaw clenched as she looked back over at him. "—they said no pogues on their side of the island."

aelia shook her head, before looking down at him / jj following the same action.

"and what are you gonna do?" aelia asked, before pope looked up at her \ a dry tear stained on his cheek.

"ive got a idea."

━━━━━━ ☀︎,━━━━━━━...‥・